DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Freestyle Flyer Collection - New and Old

petercolon

THE REUNION CONCERT AT CLUB EXIT (NYC) - MAY 28, 2000

Hey People, I was just going through my files and I came across some Freestyle Flyers that I have collected throughout the years and I thought I would share them with you.

If anyone out there has some flyers that they would like to share, I am sure everyone else would appreciate it if you would post them up in this thread.

And for anyone who has gone to any of these shows, feel free to share your experiences of the shows with us.

The first flyer I am posting up is from a show at Club Exit (NYC). Talk about a line up:)

thereunionconcert_0002.jpg

And here's the flip side of the flyer.

thereunionconcert_0001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
FREESTYLE FEVER AT CLUB EXIT (NYC) - OCTOBER 8, 2000

This was another great concert put on by Sal Abbatiello from Fever Records. The place was packed wall to wall to see the return of freestyle diva Safire (who I am told hadn't performed on stage for over a decade before this performance) as well as the reunion of TKA. Talk about a great show!

freestylefever2000_0001.jpg

Here's the flipside of the flyer.

freestylefever2000_0002.jpg

Here's a cool silhouette of TKA at the start of their set that night. I took this one from backstage and it shows Angel on the left, K7 in the middle and Tony on the right. The crowd was going absolutely nuts!!

tka.jpg

And as if that weren't enough, Judy Torres came out on the stage at some point during TKA's set and confessed that she had a long standing crush on Tony. The crowd got involved at that point and convinced Tony to give Judy a kiss (which by the way was longer than expected!!) and here is that historic moment caught on film!

tonyandjudytorres_0002.jpg

FREESTYLE PARTY - PART 2 AT CLUB BLIS (NYC) - FEBRUARY 17, 2002

This one was thrown by Safire's brother Angel and his partner Alex. This was another show I was fortunate enough to attend. The club was full of people from beginning to end and a good time was had by all:)

FreestyleParty2_0002.jpg

Flip side of flyer.

FreestyleParty2_0001.jpg

Look Like Some Great Times, Thanks For Sharing Peter.

THE BEST OF FREESTYLE MEGAMIX - VOLUME 3 BY BAD BOY JOE - MARCH 18, 2003

Here's the flyer for Joe's junior installment of his ever popular freestyle megamix CD series.

badboyjoe3.jpg

And here's a pic of Joe from the Groove Magazine archives.

DSC00025.jpg

JOHNNY "O" AT PALAZZO (GERMANY) - SEPTEMBER 7, 2004

Here's one from Germany, where Johnny has quite a following.

johnnyo_0001.jpg

Flip side.

johnnyo_0002.jpg

THE FIRST ANNUAL STYLIN FREE' / METROPOLITAN RECORDS FREESTYLE DJ COMPETITION AT CLUB INTERNATIONAL (BROOKLYN, NY) - FEBRUARY 24, 2001

The first side of this double A sided flyer was for a freestyle DJ competition put together by Latif Mercardo of Metropolitan Records. DJ's came from all around the Tri-State area to participate in the contest held in a tiny, upper room club in Brooklyn. The jocks had to use a selection of Metropolitan vinyl releases to try and woo the crowd.

The eventual winner was a then unknown DJ from Staten Island named James Anthony. James was "discovered" that night by Jeff Z (program director for New York's KTU radio station) and later went on to replace Johnny Budz as the resident DJ for Judy Torres' Sunday Night Free For All on KTU; a job he stills holds to this day.

Other notables in attendance that night were Johnny Budz (KTU DJ and co-founder of clubfreestyle.com), freestyle artists Nyasia and Lil' Suzy and Jack G (co-founder of clubfreestyle.com) just to name a few.

backdrafts2001_0002.jpg

Here's a picture I took from that night. From left to right: Jeff Z, Nyasia, Johnny Budz and Jack G in a happy albeit rare moment.

clubinternational.jpg

And here's a pic of James Anthony (to the left of Lil' Suzy; with the black shirt, white pants and the "Who Me?" look on his face) being declared the winner of the DJ contest. It was a happy occasion for all!! Except of course for the pudgy fat kid to the right of Lil' Suzy who came in second place. His face was very sad.

jamesanthony.jpg

FREESTYLE FRIDAY'S AT BACKDRAFTS (QUEENS, NY) - MARCH 2, 2001

The flip side of the flyer was for a weekly freestyle night at a small club in Queens that later went on to host a big fund raiser for Krystal from New Orleans in order to assist her after Hurricane Katrina.

backdrafts2001_0001.jpg

Maravilloso. Wonderful thread. Gracias Peter.

Hey Quixotic, glad you are enjoying the thread:) Make sure to keep on checking in every now and then as I add more flyers and info to the thread!!

Maravilloso. Wonderful thread. Gracias Peter.

Hey Boricua! What's up bro. Good to hear from you. It's been awhile:) Glad you like the thread and thanks for the feedback. Keep checking back for updates. I still have a bunch of stuff to add. Until next time.......PEACE!!

MONSTER FREESTYLE CONCERT AT CLUB BLIS (QUEENS) - JANUARY 20, 2002

This was the one that started it all at Club Blis. The Monster Concert was the first of three large scaled freestyle events to be held at this particular establishment in Long Island City, NY. The lineup was "scary" good and the fun lasted well into the night.

clubbliss1-20-02_0001.jpg

Side B of the flyer.

clubbliss1-20-02_0002.jpg

The FreestyleFile crew was in the house that night along with DJ Johnny Budz (KTU, NYC) moving the crowd on the main dancefloor from behind the one's and two's. Here's a pic of the FreestyleFile.com along with the creator of this flyer. From left to right, Timothy "TimDog" McCabe, Pete "High Tech" Lamberty, Pete Hernandez (graphic artist) and Martin "DJ Paradise" Santiago. Check it out and let me know what you like!!

Freestylefileatclubblisone.jpg

I wonder if anyone else has keep old flyer it might be a good idea to start a back in time section in the gallery

I know I have a bunch of them. I could scan them if everyone wants to see them.

Go For It!!!

Im looking for them lol As soon as I find them Ill post them :)

Hey Boricua! What's up bro. Good to hear from you. It's been awhile:) Glad you like the thread and thanks for the feedback. Keep checking back for updates. I still have a bunch of stuff to add. Until next time.......PEACE!!

¿Que tal amigo? Thanks. Y I will most definetely keep checking for los updates aca. ¡Que lo sigues con los flyers classics! Keep 'em coming amigo!

Back