DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

MusicV2.com is Gone!!!!!

charliefli

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Musicv2.com has died.
Musicv2.com has become another casualty of the current economical downturn. It has been a pleasure to serve the music community for the last 6 1/2 years and this decision comes with a heavy heart and much sadness. A few questions you may have are answered below:
What happened?
The simple answer is the economy. Musicv2 has always operated on a minimal or no profit basis and has been run as a "community project". Over the last year revenues fell over 60% and the site began to steadily lose money. We tried everything we could from finding investors, setting up sponsorships and even going to the community to assist in this time. Unfortunately none of those things worked out and it simply became impossible to keep the site online.
I just joined, what does that mean for me?
If you registered within the last 3 weeks you will receive a refund shortly.
I had a Lifetime membership what happens now?
Our Lifetime memberships were defined in our Terms of Service as follows:

Lifetime memberships will remain active and available for the entire duration that the Musicv2.com website continues to operate under the current ownership. In the case that Musicv2 were sold, the current owners of Musicv2.com cannot guarantee that Lifetime Memberships will be honored by new ownership.

Likewise if the Musicv2.com website were to cease to exist, all obligations to our users in regards to membership durations whether Lifetime or otherwise would terminate affective the last day of operation.

We have however decided to keep a record of all current Lifetime members and if by chance Musicv2 comes back online at some point in the future and is still owned by the current ownership, current Lifetime members will be contacted and allowed to restart their accounts on the new site at that time.
What should I do if I have a yearly membership?
If you registered a few years ago when we offered yearly memberships and you believe your billing is still active, please do the following:

If you paid using Paypal, log into your Paypal account and search for a subscription related to either musicv2@musicv2.com or nulance@gmail.com. If you find an active subscription, cancel it.

If you paid using a credit card, we will be canceling any and all active billings.
What is going to happen to all the music?
We are currently working with our datacenter to find a way to permanently store as much of the media as possible. This however can not be guaranteed. It should be noted that our Terms of Service regarding this issue clearly states the following:

Members of the Musicv2.com website have the sole responsibility and liability for maintaining a copy of the data stored on the Musicv2.com servers. Musicv2.com encourages all members to archive and regularly backup their files; User bears full responsibility for archiving their data and sole liability for any lost or irrecoverable data. Musicv2.com can not and will not be held liable for lost data. Users agree to maintain their data in compliance with their legal obligations.
Anything else?
Good luck and keep rock'n.

That totally sucks!:mad:

Well that does suck.

LMAO @ Freddy with the 320/128 :p

But seriously...them closing sucks azzzzzz! *shakin head* I hope all of you had all of stuff backed up.

Wow. That sucks. I had only visited them once or twice, when we were trying to get them to recognize Freestyle as a new genre at their site a few months back. Seemed like a nice place.

Wow. That sucks. I had only visited them once or twice, when we were trying to get them to recognize Freestyle as a new genre at their site a few months back. Seemed like a nice place.
lol, you see what happens when anything gets touched by Freestyle. :confused:

:rotf:

We meant well.

yes we did.. but as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. :rotf:

but on a serious note, I think we raised some good points in their forums. I was wondering whatever happened to our suggestion, apparently they had bigger issues to address.

yes we did.. but as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. :rotf:

but on a serious note, I think we raised some good points in their forums. I was wondering whatever happened to our suggestion, apparently they had bigger issues to address.

Around New Years Chris, the owner/webmaster @ MusicV2, posted his future plans. He went on to ask for donations to help in that regard. He sent out a follow up E-mail only a few weeks later. Seems very few took him up on donating more to help. In the interest of full disclosure, I did not donate. It was my plan to, but I never got around to it. I wonder how many others planned to, and never got around to it....Now it is too late.

I guess he never heard of google ads? People are making a killing with google ads and with people clicking on them all the time.

I guess he never heard of google ads? People are making a killing with google ads and with people clicking on them all the time.

Google Ads are great for some site and terrible for others. It was something they probably tried a while back and didn't work out for them. I did notice they had ads in their headers that last time I was on the site. I guess whatever they were making wasn't enough to keep them operational.

Back