DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Carlos "After Dark" Berrios retires from Freestyle Music

another reason for Freestyle's demise is that they never really took advantage of the DJs and mixed tapes the way hip hop and rap did and still do.

Ya know wat I'm sayin'. That's what I'm talking about.

There were actually a few freestyle producers that were against it but most of the ones I came across along the way were cool with it. A few of the old school freestyle producers said that's how they had got started.

So many times throughout the years, someone would ask me "I had heard this song on this mixtape but the dj cut if off early, where can I get the whole song, I like that song". Especially now with the internet having taken over, "that song" is easy to find.

Ok guys. I'm on vacation and hungover so the last thing I wanna see is some people tainting this thread about a legend retiring from the genre we all love. I don't wanna see anything else that isn't about freestyle or Carlos Berrios.
Ladies and Gentlemen, it's Charles in Charge! ;)

Thanks Chuck, you're absolutely right! This thread is about Freestyle losing an irreplaceable producer, Carlos Berrios, as far as I know the last producer to put Freestyle on the Billboard Charts.

We should be celebrating his past accomplishments and wishing him well on his future projects!

This is what every topic that has to do with Freestyle turns into.

You start off with a topic and end up losing focus on the agenda.
Unfortunately, true.

But wouldn't it be nice just to have a discussion that didn't involve chest thumping sentences that didn't start with the letter I.

A : dont argue with fools , someone from a distance might mistake you for one (re-HBK)

My man Greasy, I know you are passionate about Freestyle. But no one is arguing here, we're just having a slightly off topic discussion that's all.

b: all this negative defeatist talk about freestyle needs to stop NOW

if someone wants to comment about their perspective then lets hear it

but lets talk about whaT WE LIKE & LOVE TO HEAR AND DO !!!!

There's nothing defeatist about acknowledging the truth. Let's be honest here for a minute. Freestyle is nowhere near as popular as it used to be and even though Dance is making tsunami type waves in the music industry, Freestyle in comparision is not even a ripple in the water.

AND WHAT REDBLOODED DJ COULDN'T DO A SICK SET WITH:

aFTER DARK DONT LOOK BACK 1 & 2
overloaded
niasia 's album
artistik 2010
wilson
rene
eric christianson
sammy zone

YO CHEIF ?????!!!!!!!!!

plus wit all the technology & collectors and dj posting their rare tracks /

even old long lost freestyle is BACK IN THE MIX !!!!!!

i HAVE BEEN COLLECTING RARE freestyle for two years + and I am still finding tracks I swore I would never hear again and learning new ones

dont be bitter ......listen cuase the love ......spin cuase the love.....produce cause the love......have fun with it JUST for the LOVE of Freestyle.

I believe what I said was something to the effect of there not being enough music being released this year to fillup a mixtape. Again, not being bitter as you put it, but just being honest. Also just for the record, some of the songs you are mentioning weren't released this year so they won't qualify for the 2010 Freestyle Mixtape .

I cant thank everyone enough who contributed & built this site !!!!!

Hommer J to getting me started
Terry & Product for answering my entry level tech questions
dj chuckie V (dude I would have recipicated if you gave me enough time)

On behalf of Ted, CPR and myself, ya welcome!

I had a lot of fun putting it together. On a side note thanks you again Ted for putting my admin skills to the test and making me merge the two sites, not once but twice! Sorry its an inside joke.

I used to eb & flow with freestyle... listen for two years then take a break for one or two.....years then back to listening ......but I only had one shoe box ....of about eight tapes....they were the best of the best of my old collection but I would play them out , but now WOW the music I have is RUNCUOLOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

& even though my mixing & Controlerism is young I still have MAD FUN learning & sharing what I think is cool to hear.....SO I'M still HYPE

go listen to polka or chibata bread beats ,,,,,,,,or whatevr YOU think is better Go Get Bieber Fever or speculate when Cher is going to luanch "the wrinkley ol Ass Tour",,,,,,But I will stick with FREESTYLE OLD & NEW

I'll stick wit BOMB BEATS an UPLIFTING VIBE & a unique genre that IS underrated & underground & Born and bred in basements & apartmrnts From people who have didnt have Money you could fold but still had enough RAW PASSION TO find a way Make that music happen....like NOBODY but Italian & Puerto Rican Young americans who wanted something the could call thier own ....that only they could create

WOW, where to even start? I'll just say that ideally we're all here because of our love for Freestyle, granted some are more passionate than others. But listening to polka or chibata bread beats (wtf), doesn't make you a traitor and it certainly doesn't make you the enemy of Freestyle.

Ok, I'm all out of Pepsi so I'm done.

Peace, Love and Freestyle (chibata bread beats remixes included).

Last edited:
Unfortunately, true.

But wouldn't it be nice just to have a discussion that didn't involve chest thumping sentences that didn't start with the letter I.

I
I
I
ME
ME
ME

I build this site on the back of others and took the credit for it.
Thank you Ted and Raf.

as I sing my NEW Freestyle song....

I I I
ME ME ME!
:no:

I
I
I
ME
ME
ME

I build this site on the back of others and took the credit for it.
Thank you Ted and Raf.

as I sing my NEW Freestyle song....

I I I
ME ME ME!
:no:
*calls dibs on the Planet Rock Chibata Bread Beats Remix!

Ya know wat I'm sayin'. That's what I'm talking about.

There were actually a few freestyle producers that were against it but most of the ones I came across along the way were cool with it. A few of the old school freestyle producers said that's how they had got started.

So many times throughout the years, someone would ask me "I had heard this song on this mixtape but the dj cut if off early, where can I get the whole song, I like that song". Especially now with the internet having taken over, "that song" is easy to find.
Freestyle vs MixTape would make an interesting Case Study IMHO.

Back