DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

EXCELLENT alternative for MusicV2 DJs and it's FREE!!!

petercolon

FREE MusicV2.com alternative!!!

Hey Fellow MusicV2.com DJs. Just like you guys, I was pretty upset when MusicV2 went under. I had actually found out about the site here and I immediately set up an account. I thought the concept of the community was an excellent idea. You had a great place to showcase your mixes, check out mix sets from fellow DJs, network with jocks from around the world and besides all of that, you could also use your account as your own personal webpage.

As I said before I was pretty bummed when the site shut their doors for good. Once I received the news I immediately started searching for a website that offered something similar. Unfortunately nothing was to be had. Anything close to MusicV2 came with such a price that made it untouchable and quite unaffordable for the regular, every day DJ.

That is until I stumbled across house-mixes.com. Talk about an excellent substitute for MusicV2 DJs. The site is an almost match to the MusicV2 concept and it is growing by leaps and bounds on a daily basis. But the best part about the site is that it is FREE!!! All you have to do is set up an account and you are good to go.

Check out my page at house-mixes.com/artists/waxradio and let me know what you think. One look and I am sure all of you will be house-mixes.com members before the day's out. And don't forget to add me as a friend! Until next time.........All the best. Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Fellow MusicV2.com DJs. Just like you guys, I was pretty upset when MusicV2 went under. I had actually found out about the site here and I immediately set up an account. I thought the concept of the community was an excellent idea. You had a great place to showcase your mixes, check out mix sets from fellow DJs, network with jocks from around the world and besides all of that, you could also use your account as your own personal webpage.

As I said before I was pretty bummed when the site shut their doors for good. Once I received the news I immediately started searching for a website that offered something similar. Unfortunately nothing was to be had. Anything close to MusicV2 came with such a price that made it untouchable and quite unaffordable for the regular, every day DJ.

That is until I stumbled across house-mixes.com. Talk about an excellent substitute for MusicV2 DJs. The site is an almost match to the MusicV2 concept and it is growing by leaps and bounds on a daily basis. But the best part about the site is that it is FREE!!! All you have to do is set up an account and you are good to go.

Check out my page at house-mixes.com/artists/waxradio and let me know what you think. One look and I am sure all of you will be house-mixes.com members before the day's out. And don't forget to add me as a friend! Until next time.........All the best. Peter

Thanks Peter! I will look into it when I get home as it is blocked at work. I will add you as a friend as soon as I register!

I created an account already. Will test it out to see the quality of the stream.

I wonder how long this site will stay around, being free. Bandwidth cost money. I also tried to find the file size limit or the # of files allowed. Seems to good to be true. I'll give it a shot. Currently, I'm using http://www.xstreamist.com

If this site turns out to be good, I'll switch to it.

Hey Freddy, glad to see you up at house-mixes.com. I added you as a friend as well. I know it's too soon to really say what you think of the site but do you have any early opinions? Let me know.

And Wil, I know what you mean. It seems too good to be true. All these features and no fee. That's quite a deal. And on top of it all, there doesn't seem to be a limit to the number of mixes you can upload to your personal page. I came across one DJ (Simon Cox) and he had a ton of mixes on his page so I decided to see exactly how many mixes he had up and to put it simply, I gave up counting after 150! That is an incredible amount of music for an entire site let alone just for one page of a website. And to go one step further, I decided to download one of Simon's mixes only to find out that it was a 155mb file encoded at 320kbps! An hour and 8 minutes of tunes at high quality. Incredible!!

I don't understand how they do it but I hope house-mixes.com stays around for awhile. For everything they offer, I would be more than happy to pay a fee to remain a member. But for now, free fits my budget just fine:)

Hey Freddy, glad to see you up at house-mixes.com. I added you as a friend as well. I know it's too soon to really say what you think of the site but do you have any early opinions? Let me know.

Yeah Peter, I saw that I am know your friend! :)

I love the site, it is really good. I linked my mix on facebook and myspace. It has links that makes it easy to place your mixes on these sites. I was playing around with it last night and I really like it but I don't know how long this site will last. We all know that they need some huge donations to keep the site up or else we will be scrambling for another site. Like you said, free is good but I would not mind paying a fee either.

Yeah Peter, I saw that I am know your friend! :)

I love the site, it is really good. I linked my mix on facebook and myspace. It has links that makes it easy to place your mixes on these sites. I was playing around with it last night and I really like it but I don't know how long this site will last. We all know that they need some huge donations to keep the site up or else we will be scrambling for another site. Like you said, free is good but I would not mind paying a fee either.
You never know Freddy. Freestyle.fm is not cheap to run and no fees are paid nor are any donations made, yet its been running 2 years as freestyle.fm and even longer when it was the two individual sites. But Ted and Raf do it for the love of the music and genre which might be a bit different than what that guy is doing with the other site. One thing they might be doing too is getting as many people they can to invest time and mixes to the site, become very compfortable with it then start asking for some money to help cover costs.

I would also take a good, long, hard, look at the Terms Of Service. In some cases, with this type of site, the mixes once posted are no longer yours. They become the legal property of the host site. Or, the site will not be held responsible if the mixes are used for some purpose you did not approve. Like downloading them by a bar for use on a Saturday. I do not know about you, but if my stuff is getting used, I want to say when, and where......and if possible to get paid for it...

You never know Freddy. Freestyle.fm is not cheap to run and no fees are paid nor are any donations made, yet its been running 2 years as freestyle.fm and even longer when it was the two individual sites. But Ted and Raf do it for the love of the music and genre which might be a bit different than what that guy is doing with the other site. One thing they might be doing too is getting as many people they can to invest time and mixes to the site, become very compfortable with it then start asking for some money to help cover costs.

Chuck, I know what you mean. I have offered to donate some money to Ted various times. We all need to chip in to make sure that we stay open and help out when it is needed.

Chuck, I know what you mean. I have offered to donate some money to Ted various times. We all need to chip in to make sure that we stay open and help out when it is needed.

If you are in the donating mood, I have a Paypal account that you can makes donations to.

All kidding aside, I would not mind donating to this site. I just don't like having a set monthly fee. It becomes an extra bill. My wife doesn't like that either.

I would also take a good, long, hard, look at the Terms Of Service. In some cases, with this type of site, the mixes once posted are no longer yours. They become the legal property of the host site. Or, the site will not be held responsible if the mixes are used for some purpose you did not approve. Like downloading them by a bar for use on a Saturday. I do not know about you, but if my stuff is getting used, I want to say when, and where......and if possible to get paid for it...

This is very true. I want to read up before uploading my mixes.

The site looks awesome, but I just have this feeling that I always get when something seems too good. What about if I build huge a library of mixes & all of a sudden, the site goes away? Then I'll have to start again. Don't want to make the site look bad. I'm just going to do a bit of research.

By the way guys, I'm on there. My user name is DJWil. I'll look for you guys.

House-Mixes.com

Hi Guys,

I am the owner of House-Mixes.com, just noticed this thread while searching through Google...

Beleive me...House-Mixes.com is not going anywhere...! Yes it may sound too good to be true, but beleive me everything is free with no restrictions.

We have huge amounts of bandwidth / space avaialable for your DJ mixes and plenty more available when needed. I have several investors who are funding most of the costs as they are very interested in the long term profitability of the website...in simple terms more members = higher value!

There are no intentions of charging anyone in the near future to use House-Mixes.com which is why the site has taken off big time over the last 12 months.

We have over 20,000 registed members so far, with 120+ joining each day so far which is always increasing month by month.

There is 1 thing I ask from all my members in return for such a great service and that is simply to tell your friends, your friends friends, your pets and your gran about House-Mixes.com.

I try to keep things on a personal level with all my members, so if there is anything you need help with, would like a new feature, or just a chat then get in touch with me.

Glad to have you around!

Paul Hinett
http://www.House-Mixes.com

The site looks awesome, but I just have this feeling that I always get when something seems too good. What about if I build huge a library of mixes & all of a sudden, the site goes away? Then I'll have to start again. Don't want to make the site look bad. I'm just going to do a bit of research.

By the way guys, I'm on there. My user name is DJWil. I'll look for you guys.

Wil, being a tech for so long, the first thing they teach you at school is always have a back up of your work. I still have the mixes of my first show on the other station. Keep a hard copy of your mix on your hard drive or burn them on CDs like I do and you will never have a problem. If you are worried about someone playing your mixes then just have drops playing every now and then. If someone really wants to play my mix, they will make it happen one way or another, I don't lose sleep over it. If you worry so much about it then don't post it, as for me, I post all my shows and have mixes on my site where my clients can listen to all my mixes. They listen and many call that that is the type of music they want for their event. The positives out weight the negatives in my opinion but the choice is yours at the end.

Hello and Welcome to Freestyle.FM Paul.

I'm both surprised and glad you found your way here. Congratulations on House-Mixes.com, it is a much needed and as you can see it got the attention of our DJs here and across the net. The loss of MusicV2.com while unfortunate has created a void that you are most definitely poised to capitialize on.

Best of luck to you and House-Mixes.com!

Thanks for the kind comments...appreciate your support!

Also looks like you've got a good thing going on here too! I found you by looking up some recents sites from my referer logs.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions then fire away...if not then come on over and get involved!

Paul

Thanks for the kind comments...appreciate your support!

Also looks like you've got a good thing going on here too! I found you by looking up some recents sites from my referer logs.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions then fire away...if not then come on over and get involved!

Paul

Hello Paul,
I was one of the ones that was introduced to your site by Mr. Colon. I visited last night immediately registered and uploaded a mix. I surfed around for a while and I must admit that I loved what I saw. Easy to use, easy to upload, and best of all, you can post it on Facebook and Myspace. I love the site and will be uploading most of my mixes tonight so save about 60 gigs on your server for all my mixes! :rotf::rotf:

Hey Wil, as far as mixset uploads are concerned, every member has unlimited upload rights. Most sites keep members limited to about 100mbs of uploads, if that, and they usually change some kind of fee, whether it's a one time membership fee or monthly charge. I remembering paying $15.00 lifetime member fee for MusicV2 and still not having the freedom that House-Mixes.com allows its members.

Hey Freddy, I know what you mean about the donations needed to keep a site like H-M.com running but I know that Paul (the owner of H-M.com) has private investors funding the site. Plus, he has an option for members to make donations towards the site costs via PayPal and that seems to be working out well. I saw that he had a donation target of 250 Pounds for the month of April and that target has already been met plus a little extra as of today's date so the members are definitely doing their share to keep the site alive.

And while I am on the subject, Rafael and Ted deserve big props for keeping freestyle.fm up and running. The costs to run this site must be significant considering the size of the site as well as the fees involved to play the music on the site legally and they both pay for all of this out of pocket for the love of the music. I don't know how they are able to do it but I for one am glad they do. And simple thanks for a job well done doesn't seem like enough but here it goes anyway, THANKS A MILLION Raf and Ted:)

And Chuck, I know what you mean. H-M.com might build the site for awhile and then once everyone is comfortable with the site, start charging but from what Paul has said, that doesn't seem to be the case. He does ask for donations to help maintain the site but that is completely understandable. As long as the members keep chipping in, H-M.com should be around for quite some time for the universally affordable price of FREE!! I do think however, that we should have some kind of donation system set up here on freestyle.fm to show our appreciation for the site as well as a way to keep it going on forever but that just my two cents.

Hey Terry, I definitely understand your concern about H-M's Terms of Service regarding some type of ownership or property rights to the mixes that are uploaded to their site but I couldn't find anything on the site in regards to this. Maybe Paul could fill us in better regarding this issue but I am pretty sure everyone retains the rights to the mixes they upload. I also understand your concern about other people using your mixes but H-M has an excellent option to prevent this from happening. When you upload your mix, you can click on a box to prevent your set from being downloaded. In either case, when it comes to playing my mixes over the airways (whether on terrestrial radio or over the internet) I always tag them with my personal drops to discourage use of my mixes by others as well as to let people know who did the mix. Some people tend to download mixes and not listen to them for some time so when people do get around to listening to my downloaded mix, I want them to know that I did the mix for the hope that they give me some feedback. When it comes to DJs, we appreciate feedback and I am no different from the rest:)

And finally, Paul, its great to have you as a member of freestyle.fm and thanks for making House-Mixes.com available for all of us DJs and music lovers alike. It is greatly appreciated!!

Hello again...

It's not in my interest in the slightes to retain the rights of other peoples mixes, there is no benefit in any way at all for me doing this.

Also, yes donations are paying for about 50% of the server costs at the moment, the rest is put by myself and inevestors so the donations really do help!!

And i would always reccomend dropping a sweeper over your mixes to prevent others from claiming ownership...plus it's another avenue of advertising yourself if mixes get passed around friends etc...

Glad to see a few of you uploading your mixes!

Paul

And i would always reccomend dropping a sweeper over your mixes to prevent others from claiming ownership...plus it's another avenue of advertising yourself if mixes get passed around friends etc...

Glad to see a few of you uploading your mixes!

Paul

This is something I don't worry about since all my shows have plenty of member drops! LOL..........:rotf:

Back