DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

For All You Smokers Out There...

G

Man Smokes His Way to 122 Years -- Maybe
Fri October 17, 2003 08:51 AM ET
TUK YOUNG (Reuters) - In a creaking bamboo hut deep in the Cambodian countryside a very, very old person -- possibly the world's oldest -- smokes a large, hand-rolled cigarette which he swears is the secret of his longevity.

But unfortunately for Sek Yi, whose relatives say he is 122, he will never be able to win a world record for his tiny corner of southeast Asia because all his documents were destroyed by Pol Pot's ultra-Maoist Khmer Rouge in the 1970s.

"We wish him well, but, sadly, we have to have strict verification for all our records," said a spokeswoman for Guinness World Records in London.

Having survived the horrors of the "Killing Fields," in which an estimated 1.7 million were executed or died of torture, disease or starvation, Sek Yi and his equally wizened wife, Long Ouk, 108, can only muse on the causes of their extreme longevity -- a mixture of tobacco and prayer.

"When I was young I used to chew betel, but people made fun of me saying I was like a woman, so I took up smoking," Sek Yi told Reuters in a barely audible croak.

"To live a long time, young people should go to the pagoda often and lead a pure life," his wife said. "Every time I pray I ask the Lord Buddha to look after my children and help them live long."

The couple now have just one final wish -- to visit the famed 800-year-old Angkor Wat temples, Cambodia's national treasure.

"They had planned to go to Angkor several times, but something always happened, like war or fighting, which prevented them going," said 13th daughter Siek Yiet, 62.

According to Guinness World Records, the world's oldest living person is Kamato Hongo, a 116-year-old Japanese woman. Guinness says the greatest fully authenticated age to which any human has lived is the 122 years and 164 days of Frenchwoman Jeanne Calment, who died in 1997.

I quit smoking today.

again.

but this time I think I can do it.

whatevah, at least I'm trying...LOL

Back