DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Hardware Help DJ's

Greasy

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I'm thinking of getting a Hercules MKII

Midi / Mixr / with all the input/output if I want to add a TT

what do you guys think ?

Terry I thought I saw a Herc rig in one of your pics ?

Cheaper than a Numark Usb Mixer / Total control + IO rig that I was contemplateing

( I mostly want to get some fun hands on equipment That would give me the option of Live / recordable mixes / with an option of adding a real TT for ripping vinyl)

I'm thinking of getting a Hercules MKII

Midi / Mixr / with all the input/output if I want to add a TT

what do you guys think ?

Terry I thought I saw a Herc rig in one of your pics ?

Cheaper than a Numark Usb Mixer / Total control + IO rig that I was contemplateing

( I mostly want to get some fun hands on equipment That would give me the option of Live / recordable mixes / with an option of adding a real TT for ripping vinyl)

I Highly recommend a NS7. It will feel just like you are mixing on turntables. And you can hook up a real TT with a mixer to the AUX input and use it.

Yo Chuckie ,

Stop rubn it in MAN !!!!!!!!!!!

Im already envious of NS7

But both options I mentioned are between $200 - $350

And your Highly funtional new fangled toy, is what , $ 1200 smackers ?:eek:

Ps - why dont you let me borrow that rig to see if I like it HEhe he :rolleyes:

Yeah I use an RMX. Works well with my style of mixing (long smooth blends in the classic house style) I also own two iCDXs and a DXM01usb mixer. That is a sweet set up as well. I own two 1200s but they are not even connected to anything.

Here is what I suggest to every one who asks me this question Greasy. Do your own thing, do not try to be Jazzy Jeff, or Tiesto. Be Greasy! Figure out what gear bests suits your style and taste and use it. Do not allow anyone, and I do mean
anyone!!!! tell you what you need to use. It does not matter if they think its cool, or looks sweet. It matters if the room is moving. I've seen DJs who had it going on drop thousands of dollars on a completely new set up. Just because some shmuck told them they needed a CDJ set up with new mixer. Then become so isolated on learning a new style that they lost their chops. And then lost their feedback from the crowd, then lost their jobs.

Go to Guitar Center, or Sam Ash and play with the equipment. Hang around a DJ you know see what he uses and ask if you can try it for an hour or two. If its the right set up for you, you'll know. It will just feel like an old pair of jeans, just right. Then concentrate on honing your skills....Good luck....

Thank You for the advise Terry ! I will

what are some of your experiences with Total Control & the RMX

likes / dislikes

things to do / things not to do

etc.

I do not prefer the functionality of either the TC or the RMX. The RMX, however, does have an on board soundcard. That is nice. It also has 64 bit drivers, which the TC does not...No bad decision here though...

Yo Chuckie ,

Stop rubn it in MAN !!!!!!!!!!!

Im already envious of NS7

But both options I mentioned are between $200 - $350

And your Highly funtional new fangled toy, is what , $ 1200 smackers ?:eek:

Ps - why dont you let me borrow that rig to see if I like it HEhe he :rolleyes:

I'll sell you my MixMeister Control if you use MixMeister and wanna use a controller for it.

And i agree with Terry, Get what you are comfortable with, i've purchased/returned a lot of things, have been blacklisted from stores from returning items heh. But how else are you going to know if you like it or not? Unless you truly love it, don't use it>

for the MKII from Hercules. these things don't work too well with turntables if you plan on using them for timecoded vinyl. if your just looking for a mixer to play real vinyl I would recommend getting a real mixer instead but the MK2 just doesn't cut it as far as giving you adequate latency and functionability with TCVs.

if your using the herc alone I hear its a decent buy for beginners though.

Ah no TCV here, But I like that I would have the option to record Vinyl to MP3 (USB) built in preAmp and Built in External Sound card .......for cue & Mic & if I want to throw a 12inch in a mix I could

other than being small and toy like to Pro DJ's;

this thing is the perfect price $200 w/ the majority of functions I was looking for And the Guitar Cener that I am buying from also has a left over
Numark DXM USB mixer for $80 negotiable
( Which will give me more space and additional channels,I think )

All for between 260-300 bucks , So without going Low end route I think this rig will be fun and a functional next step.

But I did hit a snag , My Tower speakers (unpowered w/ 12') Rotted but Just the foam ring though....and my old cd / changer tunner is MIA ???!!!

you can also look up the Behringer BCD3000 for possibly more options

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNumIkOYtzo[/media]

I got the MKII it IS A TOY - taking it back either getting vmx 300 & io or total control and an io

Why doesn anybody make an affordable midi & mixer that icluded sound card and additional inputs ??:veryangry

well somewhere down the line it all comes down to this unfortunatelly.

"you get what you pay for"

I hear good things about the VCM300 so I recommend testing it out at a guitar center if they have some gear on demo.

Good advice from Dev. I played with the VCI-300. Look at the RMX from Herc along with the Numark Omni Controller as well.

Back