• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Headphones

DJ_COAST

ClubFreestyle.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
What kind of headphones you guys using.

I went through 3 or 4 Pioneers over the years, never again, they sound the best at first, but never last long, might get 2 years out of them if your lucky.

Stantons...crap (lasted less than a year)

Sony DJ....junk (lasted less than a year)

Now I'm on Technics RP-DH1200, they sound great of course, but they are only around 6 months old, lets see how long they last.

I think a good set of phones should last as long as the rest of the equip, but I haven't had that luck yet.

What's up DJ_Coast...

Ok, I think it's safe to reply to this thread about Headphones!!!! :xbiggrin:
I agree 100%

Stanton, Sony = sH_t
Pioneer = I never used so no input!

I have been using the Technics RP-DH1200 for just under 2 years now, and they are still in great condition.... I not only have used them in the studio, but @ giggs as well.

All the others never made it past 8-12 months!!!!

Ok some advise to any looking for it,

When you are in the market for (Turntables) you buy Technics... or you will wish you did!!!

The same holds true here... If this company sold poop people would buy it cause it would smell the best and outlast the rest!!! :)

TearEmUp

Mixologist!
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I Don't understand why Sony headphones get such a bad rap. I have had one pair of MDR-6 for 25 years. I also own a pair of MDR-v900 that I've used pretty hard for 7 years now. The DJs I know swear by the Pioneers, if that helps Coast.

DJ_COAST

ClubFreestyle.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I Don't understand why Sony headphones get such a bad rap. I have had one pair of MDR-6 for 25 years. I also own a pair of MDR-v900 that I've used pretty hard for 7 years now. The DJs I know swear by the Pioneers, if that helps Coast.
I had two different Sony's, I forget which models, of course they sounded great, but I don't think either pair lasted a year. Pioneers sounded the best of any phones I've owned, but again, I think I might of got 2 years out of one pair.

I love my Technics, so we'll see.

DJ_COAST

ClubFreestyle.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
What's up DJ_Coast...

Ok, I think it's safe to reply to this thread about Headphones!!!! :xbiggrin:
I agree 100%
...lol...What up F_P....Oh no not another headphone debate.:eek: Nah, I'm just bored making dj convo. Hopefully in 3 years I'll bring this thread up and say I'm still rocking the Tech phones...AKG will be next if these don't last...djc.

I had to bust the Sony's out...check the pic out below!

They are the Sony MDR-V500 believe it or not they still work, The just did not hold up to my vigorous demands :eek:

They are held together by 2 bungee cords, and 2 zip ties and glue with some elec tape as well, check out the rust!

TearEmUp I think it all comes down to each person level of BRUTALITY!!!

I am a Bruto and I push everything to it's limits... so if a product can withstand my use and abuse.... I am quick to recommend and say so!

The Technics are the way to go... both sound and reliability to a BRUTO like me! :eek:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: