• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

How Many Of You Scratch?

NatillaLiz

Mrs. Garcia
Freestyle Nation
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
MaximumFreestyle.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
Yeah, I know, what the hell am I doing in here?! LOL
Nahh but on the serious side, how many of you scratch or used to scratch? Like this right here:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuCEUyEot9E[/media]

or

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq0JPG93I_E[/media]

and how many vinyls did you tear up before you got it right?! LOL

DJFrankieD

Freestyle Nation
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
MaximumFreestyle.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Hey Nat,
Scratching was a thing I did back in the day.
Today, the music doesn't really facilitate scratching like it did back in the 80's.
If done right, the needle or stylus wears out much faster than the vinyl.
Once in a while I will do it to change up the mixing style.

I scratch other things, but they are to be mentioned only in passing.
LMAO !

:cool:

DJ Frankie D

DJ_Dee_X-Man

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I'm not sure what they called it anywhere else, but we used to call this triX miXing back in the day. I must admit I didn't get to the level of DMC competitors, but out of a scale out of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best, I felt my strength level with triX miXing was at a 6 or 7. My strength has always been with miXing .

I've met DJs who could cut it up like DJ Magic Mike, DJ Juanito from Oakland, etc., but when it came to miXing, they couldn't miX for sh8t. I always found that kinda strange, but I guess scratching is all they practice.

I have recently purchased some new equipment that will give me the opportunity to re-eXperiment with triX miXing. Now based on recent attempts at it, I see I need a lot of practice.

DJ Dee X-M:cool:n

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I once met another deejay through my son's mother, who scratched mixed R&B, HipHop and Rap. I remember watching him for hours trying to learn how to scratch until one day I just mustered up the courage to ask him how it's done.

Funny thing is we ended up "trying" to teach each other how we mixed. I would blend the same R&B, HipHop and Rap songs he scratched to and he would scratch the same Freestyle songs I would blend.

It was pretty cool, but in the end he never really got the hang of beatmatching and blending and I never did learn how to do a proper crab stratch.

Here's one of my fav turntablist doing his thing.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS5nvKk2zV8[/media]

powrpuff

Freakalicious Freestyler
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
MaximumFreestyle.Com
I'm not sure what they called it anywhere else, but we used to call this triX miXing back in the day. I must admit I didn't get to the level of DMC competitors, but out of a scale out of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best, I felt my strength level with triX miXing was at a 6 or 7. My strength has always been with miXing .

I've met DJs who could cut it up like DJ Magic Mike, DJ Juanito from Oakland, etc., but when it came to miXing, they couldn't miX for sh8t. I always found that kinda strange, but I guess scratching is all they practice.

I have recently purchased some new equipment that will give me the opportunity to re-eXperiment with triX miXing. Now based on recent attempts at it, I see I need a lot of practice.

DJ Dee X-M:cool:n

you know X, Ive never seen you scratch...gotta chek you out one day. I do remember my honey tho...*SIGH* :rolleyes:
I loved to watch him. :D

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I once met another deejay through my son's mother, who scratched mixed R&B, HipHop and Rap. I remember watching him for hours trying to learn how to scratch until one day I just mustered up the courage to ask him how it's done.

Funny thing is we ended up "trying" to teach each other how we mixed. I would blend the same R&B, HipHop and Rap songs he scratched to and he would scratch the same Freestyle songs I would blend.

It was pretty cool, but in the end he never really got the hang of beatmatching and blending and I never did learn how to do a proper crab stratch.

Here's one of my fav turntablist doing his thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS5nvKk2zV8
Wait a minute here. You mean Dj Jazzy Jeff was using a laptop for his music? You mean he don't carry around crates and crates of music to each of his shows? And I thought he was a real dj lol. Take that all you digital bashers, just watch and learn.

Rhoq

Member of Freestyle Nation
Freestyle Nation
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
MaximumFreestyle.Com
Wait a minute here. You mean Dj Jazzy Jeff was using a laptop for his music? You mean he don't carry around crates and crates of music to each of his shows? And I thought he was a real dj lol. Take that all you digital bashers, just watch and learn.
Jazzy Jeff is the original "turntablist" and every DJ who has followed in his footsteps and takes the art seriously owes him a huge debt of gratitude. He was both a pioneer and an innovator. He is a god. :bowdown:

Eric B is a close second, for different reasons.

Also: DJ A.M. busted a nut at 1:53! :rotf:

Last edited by a moderator: