DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

iPhone 3G - S

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
iPhone 3G - S

Meet the fastest, most powerful iPhone yet. iPhone 3G S features video recording, Voice Control, up to 32GB of storage, and more.

The Fastest iPhone Ever
The first thing you’ll notice about iPhone 3G S is how quickly you can launch applications. Web pages render in a fraction of the time, and you can view email attachments faster. Improved performance and updated 3D graphics deliver an incredible gaming experience, too. In fact, everything you do on iPhone 3G S is up to 2x faster and more responsive than iPhone 3G

Video
Now you can shoot video, edit it, and share it — all on your iPhone 3G S. Shoot high-quality VGA video in portrait or landscape. Trim your footage by adjusting start and end points. Then share your video in an email, post it to your MobileMe gallery, publish it on YouTube, or sync it back to your Mac or PC using iTunes.

3-Megapixel Camera
The new 3-megapixel camera takes great still photos, too, thanks to built-in autofocus and a handy new feature that lets you tap the display to focus on anything (or anyone) you want.

Voice Control
Voice Control recognizes the names in your Contacts and knows the music on your iPod. So if you want to place a call or play a song, all you have to do is ask.

Compass
With a built-in digital compass, iPhone 3G S can point the way. Use the new Compass app, or watch as it automatically reorients maps to match the direction you’re facing.

Cut, Copy & Paste
Cut, copy, and paste words and photos, even between applications. Copy and paste images and content from the web, too.

Landscape Keyboard
Want more room to type on the intelligent software keyboard? Rotate iPhone to landscape to use a larger keyboard in Mail, Messages, Notes, and Safari.

Send messages with text, video, photos, audio, locations, and contact information. You can even forward one or more messages to others.

Search
Find what you’re looking for across your iPhone, all from one convenient place. Spotlight searches all your contacts, email, calendars, and notes, as well as everything in your iPod.

Accessibility
iPhone 3G S offers accessibility features to assist users who are visually or hearing impaired. These features include the VoiceOver screen reader, a Zoom feature, White on Black display options, Mono Audio, and more.

Voice Memos
Capture and share a thought, a memo, a meeting, or any audio recording on the go with the new Voice Memos application.

Stocks
Stocks on iPhone shows you charts, financial details, and headline news for any stock you choose. Rotate iPhone to see even more detailed information.

YouTube
Watch YouTube videos wherever you are. Log in to your YouTube account to save and sync bookmarks and rate your favorites.

BTW:
The iPhone 3G is now going for $99
The iPhone 3G-S is now going for $199

Oh yea, you can take the guided tour here
http://www.apple.com/iphone/guidedtour/

Also...

The free iPhone OS 3.0 Software Update includes some great new features, as well as all the features from previous updates. iPhone OS 3.0 also lets you run the next generation of iPhone apps, like peer-to-peer games1 and more. If you’ve never updated before, now is the perfect time.

Download the 3.0 Software Update on June 17.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/

For those that aren't aware.
As it stands now, if you are a current iphone 3G customer and want to upgrade to the 3Gs
you will have to pay FULL PRICE.

This means that you will not be paying the $199.99 (16G) and $299.99 (32G)
but the retail price of $599.99 and $699.99.
(looks more to be $399.99 and $499.99)

This means many of you will NOT be upgrading this up and coming Friday;
You can add me to the list.

I hope this changes... and with the current uproar on line it just might!

PS: Rumor has it that Verizon will be getting an iphone in the new year.

(from Apple iphone site)
Requires new two-year AT&T wireless service contract, sold separately to qualified customers; credit check required; must be 18 or older. Existing AT&T customers who want to upgrade from another phone or replace an iPhone 3G should check with AT&T or use www.apple.com/iphone/buy to find out if they are eligible for early upgrade pricing: $299 (8GB), $399 (16GB), or $499 (32GB) with a new two-year contract. For those who are not eligible for an early upgrade or who wish to buy iPhone as a gift, the prices are $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB). In CA, MA, and RI, sales tax is collected on the unbundled price of iPhone. Service may not be available in all areas or at the signal strength, rates, speeds, or bandwidth as demonstrated. Wi-Fi Internet access required for some features; broadband recommended; fees may apply. Some applications, features, and services are not available in all areas. Visit www.wireless.att.com to check AT&T network coverage in your area. iPhone is configured to work only with wireless service provided by AT&T. Warranty information available at www.apple.com/legal/warranty/iphone. When available, transferring your mobile number to a different service provider will terminate your service with your existing provider; termination fees and other charges may apply. Some features may require added fees. Contact your service provider for more details. Use constitutes acceptance of Apple’s software license agreement and third-party terms located in the iPhone box. Unauthorized modification of your iPhone software violates the software license agreement. Inability to use an iPhone due to unauthorized modifications is not covered under your warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming its like upgrading to any other phone. You have to be so far along in your plan before you are eligible.

On the last run they allowed you to upgrade at the same price as any new customer.
This is what is causing the commotion online and the reason why many are twitting away!

^ it looks like its gear towards those early adopters that pounced on the iPhones when they first came out. I'm still debating whether or not to get one, but first I have to decide if I want to keep AT&T or switch to Verizon.

Show Off! Now I want one too!

I guess CPR still has to wait.
Thats what I get for upgrading.

I have the Back Jack II.... and I think I'll be ordering the new iPhone as well. I just need the strengh to hit the buy button. Another 2 yrs with Cingular/At&T doesn't come easy for me.

I've never been envious of anyone until now!
Raf! I hate you....PRESS SEND ALREADY!

I have to wait a full year. BOOOOOH!

If you've been through the billing issues that I have been for the past 8 months you would think twice, three, four, five times before hitting the button. But in the end I think I will. 2 yrs is about what it will take Verizon to get the iPhone up and running on their network (hopefully on the 4G network) so it pretty much works itself out in the end.

Last edited:
I wanted to get it for the video camera and the other features that I can't get on my reg 3G.
I can wait. I got cut and paste!

LOL!

i recieved my i phone in may so when i called ATT i am eligable to get the new 3g-s for 199.00 since its less then 90days of purchase which is pretty cool but do i want to spend another 200.00 on a cell .

i did that 3.0 upgrade and if ur an att customer most features will not work till later theis summer so why roll it out grrrrr. they really needed to think this phone out, no pic text are u kidding freakin virgin mobile has it. turn by turn navi still waiting again this summer,no option in delteing certain songs from ur phone unless u lose them all cant just sync to ur computer have to do it thru I tunes boy thats annoying more trouble to keep it when cheaper prepaid phones do the same thing diffrence apps and touch screen!

Back