• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Microphone Suggestions

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Anyone have any suggestions on a decent microphone for broadcasting? I think i figured out my problem with my mic. Its the wrong kind of mic. I think i need a condenser mic for broadcasting, I have a vocal mic where you have to stick your mouth on it to be heard. So while the mic i have works, I need one that i don't have to have in my mouth.

Suggestions?

TearEmUp

Mixologist!
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
The Shure SM58 dynamic mic is an industry standard Chuckie, and has been for decades. The price on those is @ 100 bucks, that has been the same for decades as well. Or, if your looking for a little higher end try looking at one of these I have its sister mic the Cardinal and its a decent mic for the price.

Last edited by a moderator:

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Thanks Tear! gonna do some research on them and see which one i like best.

TearEmUp

Mixologist!
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Keep in mind a dynamic mic does not mind being abused a bit. They are built for road use. A condenser mic is built for better sound reproduction. Most studios use condenser mics...

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Keep in mind a dynamic mic does not mind being abused a bit. They are built for road use. A condenser mic is built for better sound reproduction. Most studios use condenser mics...

Thats what i think i'm going to go with, a condenser mic. They are better for studio/broadcasting use.