DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Need some suggestions

chuckie

FFM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
So i want to put together my hardware i need. Currently all i have is my MacBook Pro and MacPro, MixMeister control and the software. The things i can currently do is create a mix on my computer, But not live since i can't hook up a headphone to listen to what i need to preview.

What i'm looking for is: What minimal items would i need to say host a Show on here? Not that i'm going to, i would just like to know what minimal hardware i need. Also to Mix live. Other than the AMP/Speakers Just the little things in between. My guess is a 2nd usb sound card. What are some good brands/models?

Thanks for all the suggestions in advance! And your time to read this :)

Chuckie.

So i want to put together my hardware i need. Currently all i have is my MacBook Pro and MacPro, MixMeister control and the software. The things i can currently do is create a mix on my computer, But not live since i can't hook up a headphone to listen to what i need to preview.

What i'm looking for is: What minimal items would i need to say host a Show on here? Not that i'm going to, i would just like to know what minimal hardware i need. Also to Mix live. Other than the AMP/Speakers Just the little things in between. My guess is a 2nd usb sound card. What are some good brands/models?

Thanks for all the suggestions in advance! And your time to read this :)

Chuckie.
Ok, the best thing to do is for me to walk you through it on the phone, so I'll pm you my number. But for starters and to help whoever else is reading this, I'll post a few things up.

Let's start with if you wanted to mix live at your own house, or lets say at a bar, club or house party. The way I have it set up is using an external soundcard with my stereo.

You go to tools, then "audio output configuration" then go to "dual output" and click next to that to activate it. Then for main output you use your external card (which is connected to your stereo via the headphone jack in the soundcard, and it needs to be set on "what you hear" which I have to go through it again myself before I explain how cuase I can't remember exactly off the top of my head.). That is what everyone will be listening too.

Then you have the "preview output" which you will set you internal sound card to that so that you can use your headphones in the jack on your computer. You would also have you mic go into your external sound card. Now here's where it gets tricky. I originally bought a Crative soundblaster 5.1 usb soundcard and worked fine with the first show I did. Then when it came close to the second show I did, the mic would not work for some reason. So I went to get another one but when I went, the one I had was no longer carried, they had a newer model. I said screw, I got it but when I went to configure it I could not get it to play "what you hear" and the mic at the same time, only one or the other, so we did the show with no mic.

So I don't really have one to suggest other than the one I have which is Creative labs model no. SB0490

http://www.google.com/products?hl=e...a=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

As far as going live, there is a plug in that you use for winamp which will enable you to broadcast once the right information was put in which would be given to you by Ted (for example) and we could walk you through that on the phone. I will find the plugin link and post it up in here a little later.

If any of this is confusing, let me know, I just went straight through from memory and didnt proof read it lol.

As far as going live, there is a plug in that you use for winamp which will enable you to broadcast once the right information was put in which would be given to you by Ted (for example) and we could walk you through that on the phone. I will find the plugin link and post it up in here a little later.
Chuck he mentioned he's on a Mac. I don't think there is a Winamp for Mac. For Mac I've used Nicecast to broadcast. It isn't free but well worth the $40 beans.

http://rogueamoeba.com/nicecast/

Yeah, Chuckie set me straight later that day. My question to you is; Is this nicecast only available for Mac or can it be used for windows too. My problem is I have a new computer with Vista and its 64 bit. I tried using my external soundcard that I used with my old computer, I downloaded the updated driver for vista and 64 bits, but cannot get the mic to work or get the mixer to open in the dsp plugin. From what I read, its not really compatible with vista (the plugin). It'll work where I can mix live and broadcast but won't be able to talk with a mic and well whats the point lol. So I am willing to pay for something that I know will work but am looking for suggestions.

Anyone?

Yeah, Chuckie set me straight later that day. My question to you is; Is this nicecast only available for Mac or can it be used for windows too. My problem is I have a new computer with Vista and its 64 bit. I tried using my external soundcard that I used with my old computer, I downloaded the updated driver for vista and 64 bits, but cannot get the mic to work or get the mixer to open in the dsp plugin. From what I read, its not really compatible with vista (the plugin). It'll work where I can mix live and broadcast but won't be able to talk with a mic and well whats the point lol. So I am willing to pay for something that I know will work but am looking for suggestions.

I think Nicecast is for Mac only. not sure, cause I think I have it as a FireFox plugin for Windows.

I think Nicecast is for Mac only. not sure, cause I think I have it as a FireFox plugin for Windows.

Yes, Nicecast is for Macs to broadcast audio.

Back