DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

New CDs from Carlos Berrios shipping soon!!

petercolon

Hey folks, I just came across this message from Carlos Berrios regarding his new CDs. Read and enjoy:)

MESSAGE FROM CARLOS BERRIOS

The album is finally finished! It was mastered by Duncan Stanbury at Frankford Wayne here in
New York about two weeks ago.

The project has been split into two seperate CD's, titled Session One and Session Two respectively. Each CD has 11 tracks for a total of 22 brand new tracks. That's 22 folks!

Included on each CD is an edit battle featuring some the best virtual cutters still keeping the art alive. If you don't know what editing is, I plan to post a later segment breaking down how and why editing became so popular in the late 80's.

We're in the middle of preparing for the manufacturing process, which by itself takes several weeks. But my hope is to have it ready for Christmas. That's really cutting it close, so I can't promise that it will be ready to ship, so many things can go wrong. But we will try.

We're setting up an e-mail for those that want to know the minute that it does ship. So if you want to know the minute it's ready and where you can get it,

you can e-mail me at: cbdontlookback@gmail.com and I will keep you at the top of the list.

This is the final lineup (I really mean it this time!)

Session One

carlosberrioscoverone.jpg

1. “The Jump Off” (featuring K7 & Ty Bless)
2. “You Better Stop” (featuring Bethaney)
3. “I’ve Been Waiting” (featuring Willie Valentin)
4. “Physical Attraction” (featuring Nyasia)
5. “Veronica” (featuring Tomax)
6. “Do You Want It Right Now” (featuring Joei Mae)
7. “Obviously” (featuring Jessica Fabus)
8. “I Need A Lover” (featuring Lisette Melendez)
9. “I Can’t Go On” (featuring Joei Mae)
10. “You Left Me” (featuring Miles Petty)
11. “Se Marcho” (featuring Katya)
12. “The Ultimate Edit Battle” (Part One)

Session Two

carlosberrioscovertwo.jpg

1. “What Is Love” (featuring George Lamond)
2. “For Your Eyes Only” (featuring Joei Mae)
3. “Light Of My Life” (featuring Ron Esco)
4. “No Hay Nada” (featuring Katya)
5. “Let It Go” (featuring Miles Petty)
6. “Don’t Ever Say” (featuring Lisette Melendez)
7. “Walking Away” (featuring Emma Collado)
8. “I’m Torn” (featuring Synthia Figueroa)
9. “Rescue Me” (featuring Julie Carrozzi)
10. “No Lo Niegues” (featuring Tomax)
11. “Sexy Boy” (featuring Connie Lapara)
12. “The Ultimate Edit Battle” (Part Two)

Most people know that I have a history of experimenting with my music, so although most of the music on these CD's is Freestyle in one form or another, I also tried my hand at Freestyle Rock, Freestyle in Spanish , which led to a Spanish House track titled "Se Marcho" as well as a Spanish Rock-Dance track titled "No Lo Niegues".

As for this Blog, I set this up back in April but didn't have time to post anything. Now that I have more time, I plan to lay down some of the history of certain tracks like "Make Noise" or "Together Forever" and how I met Lisette Melendez and got my first deal with Profile Records back in 1987.

I also really want to post some tips on mixing and production as well. Let's see how far we get!

CB

Cant wait unitl it comes out!!!! Please hurry!!!!!! lol :cool:

SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT CD COMING OUT, CANNOT WAIT TO LISTEN!!! :Banana01:

Just an update: I just spoke to Carlos and he told me that he is currently waiting for his CD artwork to be sent to him for his approval. Once the artwork is approved, the CDs will be pressed soon after.

Unfortunately, the music industry shuts down at this time of the year for the holidays so the earliest the CDs would be ready by would be the end of January; if everything goes well. Here's hoping everything goes well:)

Thanx for the update Peter. Maybe Valentin can re-air the listening party from Sept. like the week before the CD drops. Willy?

Thanx for the update Peter. Maybe Valentin can re-air the listening party from Sept. like the week before the CD drops. Willy?
YEAH I THINK RAF HAS BEEN BUGGIN WILLIE FOR THE SHOW BUT HASNT GOTTEN IT YET. WOULD BE NICE TO HEAR AGAIN, I KNOW OTHERS WANNA HEAR IT TOO. BTW PETER, THANKS FOR THE UPDATE.

From Carlos Berrios

We're scheduled to receive the CD the third week of January.

Just a few more weeks folks! ;)

Has anybody heard anything on these CDs and how soon we can purchase them since we now are approaching February.

I did get a chance to watch "Illegal Tender" over the weekend with Afterdark in the opening scene. I wish my mom was like the mom in this movie. awesome ending.

I gotta give it to the man, I just wrote to him and he wrote me right back in record time. So its good to see that he cares enough to answer his emails promptly.

Here's what he had to say...

Hey Rafael,

The pressing plant has given us a ship date of February 8. We will probably receive the product in 3-4 days. Then copies will be available at E-Bay and CDBaby.com. That's for the hardcore fans that want to get the very first copies off the press. After that there will be several other options including iTunes etc.

All the best,

Carlos Berrios
ADM Records

So there you have it, yes it's delayed and the release date has been pushed back a bit. But as you can see it's in the works and will be available soon.

* crosses fingers

Last edited:
Hey Rafael, thanks for the update. I just emailed Carlos myself to find out some more info regarding the CDs but I just saw your post. I am glad to see that this project will actually see the light of day! Can't wait:)

Thanx for the update, Raf.

I can't wait!! I have the mega melody from "Afterdark"'s myspace page in my office player and can't wait for the completed CDs.

Taezee, this project has to easily be the most anticipated CDs that have been released in quite awhile and I can't wait to get my chubby little hands on them. I just hope that Carlos gets the support that he deserves for this milestone and the CDs do well for him. If someone like Carlos Berrios can't do well with a quality release, then there really is no hope for new freestyle music. BTW, is your brother going to be playing any of these new tunes on Party 105 anytime soon? I would definitely like to hear these tracks over commercial radio. Let me know.

my brother DJ IMPACT is in the process of setting up an interview with carlos at the station within the next few weeks, george lamond was on the show friday and the carlos project was disscussed briefly and recieved alot of response people calling in, our freestyle community is alot larger then the same 12 people you see on the same 3 to 4 freestyle websites including this one , what im hoping is that this project will set a trend and a standard of what freestyle should be, when you have songs like "all my love" by eric cruz being voted number 1 and others on internet radio theres something seriously wrong with freestyle today (please dont take offense when reading this I actually hung out with eric and his wife recently at webster hall cool people) but we have to get past the "home made freestyle" trend that has damaged the image of freestyle for at least the last decade

while everyone knows me to have "george lamond" tunnel vision since hes my most favorite artist of all time, Im actually feeling willie valentines "Ive been waiting" as one of my favorite tracks off this album and with this project weve all been "waiting"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back