• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Now Even Freddy can DJ

breeZe

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
http://www.djhero.com/

While some of you seem content to label real DJ gear with the toy tag, the next wave of console gaming really can be described as toy DJing, with 3 button controllers being flavour of the day for Activision's upcoming "DJ Hero" game. The PR casually throws around the usual big words, but unless there's 2 platters and a mixer, this old man won't be going near a 3 button box and calling it DJing.

Read the words - see the product:

Guitar Hero(R) Announces Fall Lineup Featuring Groundbreaking DJ Hero(TM) Title and New Guitar Hero(R) 5 and Band Hero(TM) Games

--Innovative DJ Hero Game Expected To Transform How Consumers Engage with Music
--New Guitar Hero 5, DJ Hero and Band Hero Expand the Category with Fun-to-Play Experiences and Innovative New Technologies and Features
--Fall Slate Delivers Largest Variety of Music and Hottest Artists

SANTA MONICA, Calif., May 7, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ --Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) is set to once again revolutionize how consumers interact with music by releasing three new titles this fall -DJ Hero(TM), Guitar Hero(R) 5 and Band Hero(TM) -that will redefine the company's popular music gaming platform. The slate will transform the way consumers enjoy and engage with music by offering the largest variety of music genres, innovative technologies and new social entertainment experiences for existing fans and millions of new consumers who previously have not joined Guitar Hero's global community of fans.

--The company's groundbreaking DJ Hero expands Guitar Hero's signature social gaming to all-new consumers with the addition of diverse music genres including hip-hop, R&B, Motown, electronica and dance. Introducing an all-new innovative turntable controller, DJ Hero transforms players into DJs who rule the club scene by creating original mixes of popular songs and music from the world's most exciting artists and DJs.

--Letting fans continue to fulfill their rock fantasies, Guitar Hero 5 features the hottest rock and roll artists today as well as classic rock bands and gives players an unprecedented level of control over the way they play the game with the ability to drop in and out of songs and change band members, instruments and difficulty levels on the fly.

--The franchises' first E10+ rated console game, Band Hero delivers an exciting music collection featuring top-40 hits designed to expand the appeal to a broad family audience who can play together on the guitar, drums, bass and microphone and experience a new genre of music. The game builds upon Guitar Hero's easy-to-play, difficult-to-master signature gameplay and allows novice players and expert fans to join together on their favorite songs.

"Guitar Hero has made music social again and has become one of the most popular ways to experience music," said Dan Rosensweig, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Guitar Hero franchise. "Today's fans enjoy a variety of music and are looking for more ways to engage with their favorite songs, artists and fellow fans. These games will let them listen, participate and socialize with music in ways they have never been able to before."

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
AND HERE IT IS
7908232.jpg

Krystal

with a "K" =P
DOFCH.COM
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
LMAOOOOOOO @ now even Freddy can DJ! :rotf:

breeZe

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
LOL Freddy, you know your the man 'round here!

(Just not at your house, I do like your tight little black mini-skirt though) R O F F L E %$#@$!@$#$!@#$@!##$!@#~!@####m, JK man!

breeZe

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
*bump*

Check out the updated website at www.djhero.com

Guys we gotta get this on the 360 so we can jam...

DJFREDDY

FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
*bump*

Check out the updated website at www.djhero.com

Guys we gotta get this on the 360 so we can jam...

Dude that DJ jumps more then Carl Cox! LOL....... great game maybe you should use it breeze to see if you can finally develop your DJ skillz! LOL...........

breeZe

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Let me use your DVJ's so I can plug them into my Xbox 360, thanks...

shadowman

Freestyle and DDR Junkie
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle Nation
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
DJ Hero, Guitar Hero and Rockband are not original concepts. Sure they use more mainstream music, but all they're doing is just copying what Konami has done with Guitar Freaks, Drummania, Karaoke Revolution, and the OG of DJ games (BEATMANIA). All the ones mentioned before are part of Konami's BEMANI brand of music simulation games, which more likely they will defend.

Some of you guys need to do some research on those games (, and all of them predate what Harmonix/Activision/MTV games have been doing. If you thought Konami only do Dance Dance Revolution (which Harmonix has an idea of making "Dance Hero" to claim they have a better game than DDR), think again! Konami has been doing this for more than 10 years (both in Arcades and Console versions, mostly for the Playstation 1 and 2)

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
DJ Hero, Guitar Hero and Rockband are not original concepts. Sure they use more mainstream music, but all they're doing is just copying what Konami has done with Guitar Freaks, Drummania, Karaoke Revolution, and the OG of DJ games (BEATMANIA). All the ones mentioned before are part of Konami's BEMANI brand of music simulation games, which more likely they will defend.

Some of you guys need to do some research on those games (, and all of them predate what Harmonix/Activision/MTV games have been doing. If you thought Konami only do Dance Dance Revolution (which Harmonix has an idea of making "Dance Hero" to claim they have a better game than DDR), think again! Konami has been doing this for more than 10 years (both in Arcades and Console versions, mostly for the Playstation 1 and 2)
There's nothing wrong with taking a concept and doing your own thing with it. If it weren't for Doom where would we be today with first person shooters, sure it wasnt the first but people still tried to clone it and add their own things to it and look at the games we have today. Same thing with GTA3, so many games have tried to clone it or use the non linear gameplay to give you more freedom.

To me it don't matter who did what first or who is copying who. What matters to me is if the game is good or not, and from what I have read on this game is that it's pretty darn good, but the controller is not the best but the little things they dont like about it will be fixed for the second one.

shadowman

Freestyle and DDR Junkie
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle Nation
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
Chuck, my problem is not the concept, but claiming to be original. What irks me the most is that Harmonix/Activision/MTV Games is using Stepmania 3.xx (which is a software program that emulate music simulation games and is a clone of the Bemani/Bemani PC program Konami uses.

Some of these people behind GH, DJH, and RB used to work for a company named ROXOR games, which created a DDR competitor named "In The Groove" which infringed on every patent Konami has for DDR and their proprietary software, which is a clear violation of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA). Konami would not argue about the games if they did not use a software program that uses the same algorithms their Bemani software uses.

Yes, I believe in competition, but competitors need to be more careful with infringement of copyrights. Just do a research on Konami vs Roxor Games, and Konami vs Andamiro.

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Honstly I think other than Konami, you are the only one who cares lol. For real most people including myself don't care about that stuff. And to be honest the whole thing is not "original" because there are two different games that are doing it. The whole thing is still new and hasn't been done before not matter what software program they are using or cloning. Never before has anyone been able to buy a game like this with the some hardware with it. I played the game at ToysRus and it was fun. I don't wanna pay 120 for it even though my wife seems to be pushing it on me telling me how fun it looks lol.

shadowman

Freestyle and DDR Junkie
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle Nation
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
What do you mean it has not been done before on consoles? Beatmania (Actually a Hybrid of Beatmania and Beatmania IIDX series) was actually released for the PS2 in 2003-2004 in a bundle that cost no more than $50.

DJ hero does bring a feature that Beatmania does not have (the crossfader, which would mean the other two buttons on the basic 5 key setup of beatmania)

If Konami only cared, why Andamiro has to pay royalties everytime a new "Pump It UP" game comes out, and why RoXoR Games had to give up everything that had to do with "In The Groove" to Konami? Why there are people in the music simulation community pissed at Konami for executing their rights under DMCA for their products that have copyrights and patents in Japan, Korea, USA, Canada, Mexico, Most countries in Latin American, and the European Union, especially after killing "In The Groove"? One reason: Bemani/Bemani PC (and the console versions of the Bemani software)

Last edited by a moderator:

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
What do you mean it has not been done before on consoles? Beatmania (Actually a Hybrid of Beatmania and Beatmania IIDX series) was actually released for the PS2 in 2003-2004 in a bundle that cost no more than $50.

DJ hero does bring a feature that Beatmania does not have (the crossfader, which would mean the other two buttons on the basic 5 key setup of beatmania)
I gotta be honest, I really know nothing about beatmania other than the videos I seen on youtube and all it looks like is DDR for your hands. Sure playing DJ Hero will not be able to help you mix one bit, but you will make people feel like they are and it has actual mixes in it which I didnt see in any of those videos.

So maybe it's not Original but it doing something that hasn't been done before (judging from those videos).

If Konami only cared, why Andamiro has to pay royalties everytime a new "Pump It UP" game comes out, and why RoXoR Games had to give up everything that had to do with "In The Groove" to Konami? Why there are people in the music simulation community pissed at Konami for executing their rights under DMCA for their products that have copyrights and patents in Japan, Korea, USA, Canada, Mexico, Most countries in Latin American, and the European Union, especially after killing "In The Groove"? One reason: Bemani/Bemani PC (and the console versions of the Bemani software)
I have no clue what you just said and I now have a headache from reading it lol.

Its all good Shadow, you obviously know more about the history than I and you obviously care alot more than me, and there's nothing wrong with that. What I mostly would want this game for would be the tracks and not the experience, but from the little I played, I think I would have fun..... alot more fun than playing DDR with my hands lol, jbub (just busting ur balls).

shadowman

Freestyle and DDR Junkie
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle Nation
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
LMAO Chuck. I got what you're saying. Beatmania was common on arcades in the mid-late 90's here in America, however Beatmania and Beatmania III are no longer made. Konami's focus is on Beatmania IIDX (which has 17 "episodes"), and their base market for this game is Japan and the rest of Asia, but has been trying to get many of their games available in the USA outside of DDR.

DJ hero is a nice concept, but the use of a very similar program to Bemani/BemaniPC is what I question. Harmonix could have done what Numark (for their DJ game), Namco (for Taiko Drum Master), and Taito/Sammy (for Samba Di Amigo) did so they did not infringe on Konami's multiple multinational patents, and the DMCA. This was what Andamiro was ordered to do with Pump It Up, and refused to do so (for years they have paid royalties to Konami, and still do).