• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Numark NS7

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
http://www.numark.com/ns7

What are your thoughts on this? It comes out this friday Mar 27th 09. It is retailing for $1299.99

It is an all in one unit. Which has its pros/cons.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this item as it may also be a possibility for me :) But the *all your eggs in 1 basket is kinda scary* If it goes down, you are screwed.

TearEmUp

Mixologist!
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
It is NOT cheap. I have spoken to my friends @ Numark who claim it has the fastest USB speeds possible for accurate vinyl emulation. It comes with Serato Itch.

My concerns would be, if any one part of the unit were to fail, you would need to send the entire piece of equipment back. I'm a huge supporter of Numark, but this piece of gear is one I think I am going to stay away from...

DJWil

FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
It is NOT cheap. I have spoken to my friends @ Numark who claim it has the fastest USB speeds possible for accurate vinyl emulation. It comes with Serato Itch.

My concerns would be, if any one part of the unit were to fail, you would need to send the entire piece of equipment back. I'm a huge supporter of Numark, but this piece of gear is one I think I am going to stay away from...

My exact concerns. If one deck fails & has to be replaced, the entire set has to be sent for repair. Same thing if the mixer or anything else breaks.

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
what would be your recommendations Tear? For a person looking to get back into DJ'n mainly to do small parties/broadcast live online.

breeZe

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I'd get my some technics with serato before I bought this. I gotta admit though when I saw it I was thinking about getting it. I would just get some CDJ-800's though. They are awesome. Then you can always run serato off them or just MP3's on CD, or regular CD's. Cant really go wrong. The lowest price at agiprodj.com.

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays

DITTO: That's the same reason why I was never a fan of the TV/VCR, TV/DVD combo.

MiamiDJ

FreestyleRemix.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I'm not a fan of spinning platters that don't have a tone arm and spin real vinyl/time code. ;) For the concerns about all your eggs in one basket, what are you going to use it for? For live settings you should always have a backup so failure of the unit should not be a major issue. The one thing I do love about the unit is the finger trackpad thingy that allows you to navigate the track.

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
the CDJ-800 is 799 each. i'm trying to save money here :) read the rest of the thread :) at 799 each 1600 for 2 plus a mixer and software that is $500+ its getting way over my price range. i'm trying to get a full set for no more than 1500$

I'd get my some technics with serato before I bought this. I gotta admit though when I saw it I was thinking about getting it. I would just get some CDJ-800's though. They are awesome. Then you can always run serato off them or just MP3's on CD, or regular CD's. Cant really go wrong. The lowest price at agiprodj.com.

TearEmUp

Mixologist!
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Chuckie, before I answer your question, I am going to ask you one. What DJ software are you now, or are you planning on, using?

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I am currently using MixMeister. But i eventually plan to use some form of Serato. Either Scratch or Itch.

Chuckie, before I answer your question, I am going to ask you one. What DJ software are you now, or are you planning on, using?

TearEmUp

Mixologist!
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
If your looking to broadcast I would recommend either CUE from Numark or VirtualDJ for the software. I currently own two iCDXs with a USB mixer, works real nice. For small parties, why not look into either a Omni Control (from Numark), or a Herules RMX. I have the RMX and its rock solid. It is easily moved about (even comes with a carrying case). Steel construction, very durable. It even has an integral soundcard which means you can preview your music.

If VDJ/CUE is not your bag, go with the Omni and Traktor. The reason I recommend CUE/VDJ is you can broadcast right from the software. So, if your ever traveling with your lappy, all you need is an IP connection and mouse and your mixing live....Also VDJ/CUE will work with turntables and time coded vinyl as long as you have an ASIO soundcard.

But, for small stuff, and simple broadcasting why sink tons of cash into tables and a battle mixer?

Last edited by a moderator:

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I want to/plan to do small parties/weddings as well, thus the need for the actual eq. its what i'm used to. Plus i'm on a Mac which doesn't use ASIO, it uses Core Audio. Plus if i get the RMX or the Omni, i still run into the problem of *if it breaks i've lost everything pretty much. I'm still new to all this digital stuff, only thing i've used so far is mixmeister and its nice for making mixes/cds but i haven't tried it live yet. As for the other software i don't know anything about those. I would have to learn them, but i want something that will be as close to actualy DJ'n the old school way but with MP3s :) I dunno, at this point its a matter of learning something new. I don't want to have to buy something and not like it, then have to buy something else etc. I'm trying to gather as much info as i can and see what is the most widely used software/hardware setup and go with that so i can have as much support as well. if that makes any sence to you. I will do some research on the items you have mentioned. Maybe go to guitarcenter or sam ash and see if they have the stuff setup to use and give it a test spin and see how i like it.

If your looking to broadcast I would recommend either CUE from Numark or VirtualDJ for the software. I currently own two iCDXs with a USB mixer, works real nice. For small parties, why not look into either a Omni Control (from Numark), or a Herules RMX. I have the RMX and its rock solid. It is easily moved about (even comes with a carrying case). Steel construction, very durable. It even has an integral soundcard which means you can preview your music.

If VDJ/CUE is not your bag, go with the Omni and Traktor. The reason I recommend CUE/VDJ is you can broadcast right from the software. So, if your ever traveling with your lappy, all you need is an IP connection and mouse and your mixing live....Also VDJ/CUE will work with turntables and time coded vinyl as long as you have an ASIO soundcard.

But, for small stuff, and simple broadcasting why sink tons of cash into tables and a battle mixer?

TearEmUp

Mixologist!
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Last time I was at GC, and Sam Ash they had a few controllers out, but no PCs connected to them. I run my RMX in WDM mode, that way I can it for Skype, and broadcast that signal. If your ever in the southlands you can stop by and check out my set ups...

Al_B_Bad

I use the 1st controller released for ITCH - the VCI-300 and I love it!

My larger rig consists of DVJ's and a TTM-57.

Serato is my bread and butter which make both ITCH and SSL.

I have heard mixed reviews about the NS7 but have yet to test one - if it works anything like the VCI-300 it will def. be a great product - however, that remains to be seen.

We have 4 DJ's at Club Megamix.com that currently use the VCI-300 and ITCH and the others are SSL DJ's with either the SL1, SL3, or 57 configuration.

You can check out my review on the VCI-300 on YouTube to get a better idea of it - http://www.youtube.com/prodjforums

If I get an NS7 I will do a review on it as well and let you guys know my thoughts...;)

Last edited by a moderator:

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
So i got the NS7 again! will give a review after i get a chance to play around with it and abuse it some.