DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Oldschool freestyle mix

Thanks for sharing!

Did you have a mixtape out back around '96 or '97 titled "Flexin Freestyle: Uncut Versions of the New School"? I remember seeing that up at Hot Jams around that time.

Yes sir

Yup that was my tape..hahah cool u remember...i tried playin stuff that wasnt heard in chicago...ya know...got tired of hearing the same songs over and over on all the mix tapes...i heard yours back in the day as well, ahead of your times...good stuff!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was always about mixing the new alongside the old. It was around '97 (shortly after I started out) that I noticed how many of the mixtapes that were coming out at the time weren't really playing the new or current freestyle of that era. I guess that's why your tape stood out to me as that was all new stuff at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
exactlyyy!

Thats exactly how I felt about the Chicago freestyle mix tapes..everyone was playing the same songs but just mixed differently...was always hoping someone would step up and not be afraid to show what else is out there besides tka and cynthia lol not that they're bad or anything, just wanted something different and fresh. I heard your tapes and was like wow! this guy is what im talkin' bout, I remember telling people to scoop your tape up if they wanted to hear some old with new stuff in it. Much respect!

Those were the days! The mixtape/cd scene still exists but it's not anything compared to back then. And most of the other freestyle mix CDs are still all old school, lol.

And here in Chicago it's not good to have a reputation of playing new freestyle. That's why it makes me angry whenever I overhear a store telling a customer that my CD is "all the new stuff" as I still have more old school on there than anything else. It was like that 13 years ago and it's still like that today. I find it amusing when peeps out here consider a freestyle song that was new 10 years ago to be new still. As if freestyle doesn't age at all out here.

lol yup! i feel ya on that...i guess some people like being stuck in the past..what can ya do. hahaha wish they would just give it a chance.

Back