DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Our DJ systems

TearEmUp

Mixologist!
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Last night during Bad Boy's most excellent show Raf BB and I were talking equipment. Raf suggested a thread where we show our gear off. So here are four of my set ups...most of these pics were taken at home, where my cord management is not as good as it is on the road.

system_top_view-369x229.png

My CDN-90 and PPD9000 CD system. Great mixer here!
DanMarch32007.jpg

My emcee checking out the lighting for a crowds view of one of my systems. This one is good for groups of up to 600 guests.

iCDXwElvis.jpg

My iCDX and DXM01usb system This set up does both midi off a PC and CDs and thumb drives a very versital system. I've been running it over a year now with zero problems.

Desktopsetup.jpg

My Desktop set up. I have done most of my shows from here. My desktop PC has two on board sound cards so I can cue music.

GarageSetUp.jpg

My garage set up now. I have two mics with this set up as you can see. Also I use an 8inch sub with my Roland monitors. I have not yet pushed this little system as hard as it will go, my neighbors aways call the police before I get it cranked all the way up...lol

I hope you all enjoy these pictures..now, let us see your DJ system....T

Wow hot setups! I'm almost too embarrassed to post mine. Gotta take some pics.

Come on Raf. Show the 8 track pull out!
LOL!

Tearm em up, its crazy you just started the thread. On Monday I took pictyres of my system and I was going to start the same thread:

Heres my set up:
030.jpg

031.jpg

029.jpg

033.jpg

032.jpg

I used to be a mobile dj, but sold the equip. I had ETI B-52's (double 15's with horn)...heavy...Peavey Amp, Vestax EQ, and lights...I used to pay a friend of mine $50 bucks to help me carry the shit into gigs, plus around 8 crates of records, I miss those days, been over 5 years since I did that shit. Now I just have small house parties and make alot of cd's. I shall return though...

Ok here is my set up. I have two KRK Rocket 5 monitors, 2 Numark ttx tables, 1 Boss 303 Sampler, 1 - Numark CDN-90 CDJ, 1 - Denon -DND X-500 Mixer and 1 - Denon 6000 CDJ and SSL.

Attachments

• original setup.jpg
    original setup.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 18
  • original equipment 1st.jpg
    original equipment 1st.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 19
  • new setup.jpg
    new setup.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 15
  • set up now.jpg
    set up now.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 19
  • tables and new rack.jpg
    tables and new rack.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:
Denon -DND X-500 Mixer, Denon - DN-D4500 CDJ, Roland Sampler 404, M-Audio StudioPro 4.

Attachments

• setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 29
  • decks.jpg
    decks.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 33
  • roland.jpg
    roland.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 22
  • maudio.jpg
    maudio.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 19
I like them Denon mixers, I was close to getting one. Is that the one that has the feature where you can add tracks when recording straight from the mixer? I am still trying to get good with the sound effects my mixer has. Some are a little cheesy, like the robot and crush, but the other ones are nice. For 9 years I had a Numark that didn't have trim controls, now I have all these built in effects, crazy....gonna take a while to master. My old Numark did have a built in sampler that I miss. The future surely holds a sampler and CDJ's for me. Nice setups guys. Thanks for the motivation.

Ralph and Ted, do you ever think about adding the rotary knob kit for that mixer?

I thought about it for a second, but it doesn't work well with Freestyle. Sometimes you have to make a quick cut and knobs make the cut harder to do. I did have a chance to play around with a RANE MP2016A Mixer that a friend of mine had. Now that mixer was fun to use with the knobs.

My setup is simple:

A Numark CDN 88 (black face) dual cd deck with tons of features (from real scratching, key lock, +/-100 pitch control, key lock (very useful), DSP effects), A Gemini PS 850i Mixer that works very well for being a product from Gemini, Two wireless handheld microfones (one Audio Technica, one Numark), Two dual 15" two way speakers, a 500 watt amp by Radio shack (yes they had one for a very limited time), and a light setup to be envied lol.

I also have a pair of Gemini turntables which I only use on special ocassions. (TT-400s I believe).

Attachments

• SANY0253.jpg
    SANY0253.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 31
  • PICT0009.jpg
    PICT0009.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 27
  • turntables.JPG
    turntables.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 21
I thought about it for a second, but it doesn't work well with Freestyle. Sometimes you have to make a quick cut and knobs make the cut harder to do.

Rotary faders are excellent for house and disco...but for most other apps they are not very effective. Raf is dead on about quick cuts and fast blends...those rotary knobs are a bit cumbersome for that.

@ Shadow..I still have a CDN88 only mine is red..I only use that system once a year..at the annual Christmas tree lighting here in town..great, sturdy unit the CDN-88.....

Tear, you are one of the lucky ones who got the one with the red face. I missed getting one by a day or two (damn settlement money was a week late lol). I remember getting it at a local store who implemented the price drop that same day.
That was the best purchase I have ever done for DJ gear. They are sturdy, very responsive, and love the features. I remember CPR looking at them once, and he was like "Wow Matt, is that the Numark player with all those nice effects!" That was priceless.

I still have a CDN88 only mine is red..I

This is the unit I wanted initially, but when I used the Denon at a friend's house I was hooked. Especially when I was sure I would get the Denon Mixer.

Those Dennon CD players are real nice..if I were to ever buy another CD player it would be either Dennon, or Pioneer.

At this point though..I doubt I buy anymore CD players...VDJ and controllers is the bees knees...I can do everything I could with CD players..and half the weight....not too mention having all 19K worth of songs literally at my fingertips...

I have one system, I use some Makie SRM350s and a small sub, with the effects rack I own and my lappy, controller and an EXT HD. Fits in my Z-28....and it can carry up to 130 people, gotta love this digital stuff....

Nice setups...Wow I was thinking of starting the thread too. Tear stop reading our minds ...that explains why i had the headache...lol

Im in the process of remodeling my setup..the thoughts of it are there...my goal is to have it setup for easier access when goin live and having it for either just playin tracks and also doing mixshows. Lookin into gettin a pair of Pioneer cdj-800s

Here is my current setup..just the basics

3 Technics 1200's with Ortofon Concorde Pros
Rane MP24
Numark CDN88
Furman LC6 Compressor/Limiter
Delta Labs Effectron II
Sony D500 Pro DAT
Furman Power Conditioner
Cerwin Vega E312 Monitors and Cerwin Vega 18" Sub (not in picture)

and some other stuff...

Attachments

• DSCF0038.jpg
    DSCF0038.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCF0042.jpg
    DSCF0042.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 50
Looks good Tony, I like the blue deck covers for the 1200s. I still have a lot of my vinyl...but sold my tables in a time of dire need years ago. Thanks for sharing bro....

Pioneer CDJ 800 MK2's
Technics 1200 MK5's
Allen & Heath Xone 92
Allen & Heath VF-1
Event studio monitors
Serato Scratch Live on a Windows machine (Replaced now w/ MacBook Pro)

DJ5.jpg

DJ3.jpg

DJ2.jpg

DJ4.jpg

Back