DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Our DJ systems

WOW.. Yea.. i wont be posting my set up on here for a while LMAO.. There's some pretty kick ass setups here...

Why not? Everyone started out somewhere! I started back in the 80's with radio shack stuff a cheap mixer and speakers!

Why not? Everyone started out somewhere! I started back in the 80's with radio shack stuff a cheap mixer and speakers!

True that, I started out with miss matched Gemini Belt Drive Turntables, oen had a slide for the pitch control and another had a little ass wheel for pitch control. The mixer was also from Gemini. (is Gemini was very big in the ghetto!) It had a leak in one of the four channels. Even after taking it to get fixed the leak would still come back a few days later. FUN TIMES!

Jeeezzzzz........I started out with TT's that didn't even have pitch control! Only could mix records with the same BPM's! :eek: :rotf:

DAYUM! i remember those Gemini's with the Pitch wheel instead of the slider. Those were the days.

True that, I started out with miss matched Gemini Belt Drive Turntables, oen had a slide for the pitch control and another had a little ass wheel for pitch control. The mixer was also from Gemini. (is Gemini was very big in the ghetto!) It had a leak in one of the four channels. Even after taking it to get fixed the leak would still come back a few days later. FUN TIMES!

He was scratching his finger with his ass & nose:rotf:.

Can someone explain to me what the hell this means? LOL......

I use my finger to scratch but never my Azz or nose to scratch my finger! LOL..... someone had too much booze already!

Heres my setup:

Prodigy FX
(2) Technics 1200 MK5
Serato Scratch Live running on OSX
Mackie HR824
dbx 166a

Will take some pics as soon as I find my camera. My house is a mess.

Ok heres the pics.

Attachments

• IMG_7411.jpg
    IMG_7411.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7412.jpg
    IMG_7412.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 16
Pioneer CDJ 800 MK2's
Technics 1200 MK5's
Allen & Heath Xone 92
Allen & Heath VF-1
Event studio monitors
Serato Scratch Live on a Windows machine (Replaced now w/ MacBook Pro)

DJ5.jpg

DJ3.jpg

DJ2.jpg

DJ4.jpg

wow! beautiful!

and im kinda pissed at myself..idk how this thread got past me..
*scratches head*
but OMGGG you guys have some beautiful sets.....simple awesome man,....as some of ya may know I LOVE DJs and OMG this gives me a big O right now :eek:

How do you like your monitors? would it be worth it to spend a bit more money and get the bigger ones?

Ok here is my set up. I have two KRK Rocket 5 monitors, 2 Numark ttx tables, 1 Boss 303 Sampler, 1 - Numark CDN-90 CDJ, 1 - Denon -DND X-500 Mixer and 1 - Denon 6000 CDJ and SSL.

Pioneer CDJ 800 MK2's
Technics 1200 MK5's
Allen & Heath Xone 92
Allen & Heath VF-1
Event studio monitors
Serato Scratch Live on a Windows machine (Replaced now w/ MacBook Pro)

DJ5.jpg

DJ3.jpg

DJ2.jpg

DJ4.jpg

Is this in your studio or a club setup? Just plain azz killer!

How do you like your monitors? would it be worth it to spend a bit more money and get the bigger ones?

Personal taste run into this greatly. For the room, the bigger the better, for my booth, too loud is distracting. Dig my ditch?

X, there are a lot of vinyl emulation programs out there. Virtual Vinyl, Serato, Traktor, and Torq just to name a few. They all have strong points and week points. SSL is the most widely recognized here in the states. But in Europe VirtualDJ and using a Maya, or Audio8, is more recognized.

Play around with as many of them as you can and see which one suits your needs best. I don't do the time code route....I love my controllers. Small, and easy to move. Yet I can still get the sound I want out of them.....

I tried all of them, and they all have their strong and weak points, but I ended up getting VIrtual DJ (which I use at home and for most my show), and planning to get a controller for it, and eventually a laptop to just run that

My Ghetto setup :)

Here is what i'm currently using. Don't laugh too much :)

Attachments

• IMG_7885.jpg
    IMG_7885.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7887.jpg
    IMG_7887.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7889.jpg
    IMG_7889.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7891.jpg
    IMG_7891.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 14
hey Chuckie, how do you like the controller for MM?

Back