• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

PENELOPE

This movie is magical. A must-see for those who fall for inner-beauty before falling for anything else. It's hopeful, it's colorful, it's cruel and it's wise. This is a story told by Christina Ricci who plays a girl with a curse. She was born with a pig-nose and pig ears, which basically ruins one's expectation or assumption of what a pig looks like in the world that WE live in.

This story starts off cruel, with her blue-blooded (rich) overbearing mother who is devastated by the child she gave birth to. She does everything in her power to keep her from the world. Home school, tall gates surrounding the house, locked doors and windows made up of pictorial lights to represent day and night. Penelope can not look outside a window without her mother thinking that she has been seen by the public.

Her mother’s goal in life is to find her daughter a husband. She lives and breathes this goal. Her interpretation of the family curse is that Penelope must marry someone of her own kind; a blue-blooded (rich!) male.

Her home becomes a dating service. This is interwoven with laughter, and such sadness. Boys of age in suits and money, lining up at the door. Penelope sits behind a mirror where she can see them-but they can not see her. She has conversations with them; in search for something deeper than their money. When she feels it’s right…she shows her face. The moment she steps into the room, they run. She’s watched men run from the sight of her for over 7 years.

But of course - there was one who didn’t. A G@mbler. A nobody. A man who stumbled into that room for reasons other than what he should’ve been there for. But I can’t reveal all of this story’s secrets...because it is all these little things that make this movie so magical. I love it because we do not see much of him. I love it because he doesn‘t see much of her…but whenever he looks at that mirror, he looks straight into her eyes as if he can feel her there. I love it because they have the most passionate conversations about each other, I love it because they help eachother in so many powerful ways that you can't wait for it's ending.

This movie will make you laugh, make you cry, it will make you want to see it again and again...I swear!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

varrinique

FM MoDz
Freestyle Nation
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
MaximumFreestyle.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Crystal,
The thing this movie taught me was to be happy with my flaws................taught me to appreciate EVERYTHING that i experience during the days in my life on this here earth.

There are so many folks around us with disabilities. I can't see a life without doing more and having a more meaningful life to help others around me, to change a little piece of the world around me.

Before this movie, I wondered where all the Penelopies were at. I felt like that on the outter being...........only because I needed to do more meaningful things in life.

Watching this movie made me realize that there are more out there with the same drive, luv and motivation -otherwise, it would never have been produced.

ALL of us feel ugly for some reason. Either a dumb flaw as a teenager...(lol), or just by not applying oneself and being more productive in life.

If you ask me what makes me feel ugly, i would say i feel ugly when i am not involved in helping others and leading a more productive life.

This is ONLY what i get out of the movie..... the message can be translated into so many different aspects of one's life that it's incredible.

I think PENELOPE taught us alot about ourselves individually..... this movie led me right into self observation mode :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This movie came just in time for me. I've been battling with my own flaws (more like a skin disorder)...and this has touched me for the same reasons it has touched you...
not only wanting to help others but shit...to help myself as well! I can't do one without doing the other. And then this made me think of the man I have and how he supports me and loves me...flaws and all.

This movie couldn/t have been played by anyone else. Christina Rocked...so did the rest of the charatcers...

the message is...love yourself FIRST...then wala...

varrinique

FM MoDz
Freestyle Nation
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
MaximumFreestyle.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
He BETTER love you flaws n all............otherwise, he'll have a nasty cowgurl to deal with .........along with all the other ladies of the freestyle.fm. Might i add, Stillettos is like the gang of women and power!? lol They'll chase after you THEN ask questions later.

I may not be a cowgirl...but I got me 6 inch heels and I ain't afraid to use em. :rotf:
Don't worry girlie ;) He def. loves me. Otherwise I'd be wasting my precious time. And his, of course. But Oi! I am gathering ppl at mi casa to watch this flick. It's worth it. Quite refreshing. :) Glad someone else got a chance to see it too!!!