• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Pioneer DJM-700

breeZe

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Well I know you guys like Pioneer stuff so I went to the Pioneer Pro DJ website and to my surprise, they are giving a $300 rebate if you buy a DJM-700 from now untill march 31st! That's amazing! Guess what Im buying at tax time! Make sure you buy it from an authorized dealer. Just wanted to let you guys know! See ya!

DJ_COAST

ClubFreestyle.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I own this mixer. I like it, but I am not really big into effects. Also I am a vinyl dj, so all the midi features and fader start I don't need either. Out of all the effects this mixer has, only a couple actually sound good, the rest are corny as shit, and I wouldn't be caught dead using them. It has a great sound, the fader is smooth too. The only thing with this one, when the fader goes, you have to change the whole section, not just the fader. Also there is no rotary option for this one. If your using something that already has effects, then go with a better quality mixer. On youtube there are hundreds of examples of what the effects sound like, to get an idea of what this mixer can do.

If your not into the effects, digital djing, or need midi control (mostly what your paying for on this mixer), then I would recommend a Rane for the best sound quality and faders out there. To be honest, I wish I went with a Rane, the effects take away from just purely mixing and doing tricks with the sound source, (they are very tempting to use, but people get tired of hearing them, kinda just more fun when your at home messing around...lol...) I am looking at the Rane Empath for bout $900-1000 if you look hard enough. Also with my style of djing, I am considering getting the rotary version as I like to do very long 2-3 minute mixes as transitions, and I can just picture the smoothness a rotary might add to my mixes.

I paid $900 for mine with no rebate. In big cities like NY, Philly, ect, your better off going downtown to a dj eqip. store. Never pay what the price tag says, dj equip is like buying a car, you can haggle the price down big time, even on the internet, lots of dealers offer free shipping as well. Be careful, djdeals. is no longer an authorized pioneer dealer, it was broadcasted on Pioneers website.

What will the price come to with the rebate and shipping, if you don't mind me asking?

Since I own one I just wanted to add my opinion on this mixer, you might already have your mind made up, I don't mean to sway your decision. One more thing, I had no choice to get the silver, because of how cheap I got it for, I couldn't pass up the deal, but in black it is a beautiful looking mixer.

hope this helps...djc.

Last edited by a moderator:

breeZe

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
If I do get it, I will have paid $859 after rebate. YOu right about the effects though. I had the DJM 600. I dunno I may or may not get it, but I am gonna eventually get serato. We'll see. Thanks for the input man I appreciate it.

DJ_COAST

ClubFreestyle.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
If I do get it, I will have paid $859 after rebate. YOu right about the effects though. I had the DJM 600. I dunno I may or may not get it, but I am gonna eventually get serato. We'll see. Thanks for the input man I appreciate it.

I know that there is a Rane mixer that goes with the Serato setup. 55L or something like that. Texasgiant a member on here has that set up with that mixer, he says real good things about it. I don't know much about Serato, but if you can play music from the computer, I'm sure there are effects programs as well to incorporate right into your mix, so then the effects on the mixer wouldn't be that needed. I really wish the 700 had a sampler like the 600 had, I don't understand why it wouldn't have that feature. I have more fun with samples than I do effects. If you have any more questions about this mixer, let me know, glad to help.

breeZe

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Thanks man I appreciate help from fellow DJ's. The rane57sl is the one that has serato built in (well you dont need the box) and you can assign effects and cue points right on the mixer from the softwate, its like 1500 bucks though, ouchy. Maybe later on...