DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Question????

I thought I had put this thread yesterday, but maybe I didn't. Maybe everyone is ignoring me :(. So does anyone know how to stop pop ups? I keep getting these stupid pop ups on how to make more money, and my pop up blocker is enabled. Is it supposed to be like that????? Please help.

You did put it up, and had several answers. Obviously it has been deleted. I admit I posted a smart ass answer...I truly do hope your post was not deleted because of my answer...

I don't know why it was deleted also, I replied that the best thing for you to do is to reformat your PC as once you get infected with pop-ups, it is almost impossible to get rid of them without reformatting your PC. Hope you have a backup of all your stuff. Just reformat it and it will be just as new, you will not lose time trying to get rid of them when you probably will not.

I replied too. Reformat and afterward, download & install Windows Defender. It is free from Microsoft & protects you from spyware. It runs in the background & doesn't require anything from you.

You can try running Hijackthis and see if you find a program that doesn't belong on your computer in the list it gives you, after the scan. Try deleting any suspicious program. It might solve the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I replied too. Reformat and afterward, download & install Windows Defender. It is free from Microsoft & protects you from spyware. It runs in the background & doesn't require anything from you.

You can try running Hijackthis and see if you find a program that doesn't belong on your computer in the list it gives you, after the scan. Try deleting any suspicious program. It might solve the problem.

Also install Firefox and use that instead of using IE. IE has a lot of security holes. I have yet to get anything while using Firefox.

Also install Firefox and use that instead of using IE. IE has a lot of security holes. I have yet to get anything while using Firefox.

Forgot to suggest this. I've been a Firefox only user for over 5-6 years. Have never had any spyware or virus since using this browser. Plus it displays websites the way they should be viewed, not the way Microsoft wants you to view them. IE is too forgiving in web design standards. Many sites that are incorrectly designed & can crash your computer are displayed correctly in IE. You can use Safari as well.

Forgot to suggest this. I've been a Firefox only user for over 5-6 years. Have never had any spyware or virus since using this browser. Plus it displays websites the way they should be viewed, not the way Microsoft wants you to view them. IE is too forgiving in web design standards. Many sites that are incorrectly designed & can crash your computer are displayed correctly in IE. You can use Safari as well.

I use all macs at home and still use firefox. i just like it better. safari is ok, but it has its quirks that annoy me.

It doesn't matter what browser you have if your computer is infected, popups will come up with any browser. What you have to do is be more careful of what you open or what you download. You get these programs from Filesharing programs like limewire, opening up emails, or visiting inapporpiate sites that offer something for free. A lot of times I have to restore my laptop since my Daughter likes to visit that myspace shite and we use Firefox browser. Just be careful what you do or where you go and you will not get infected.

It doesn't matter what browser you have if your computer is infected, popups will come up with any browser. What you have to do is be more careful of what you open or what you download. You get these programs from Filesharing programs like limewire, opening up emails, or visiting inapporpiate sites that offer something for free. A lot of times I have to restore my laptop since my Daughter likes to visit that myspace shite and we use Firefox browser. Just be careful what you do or where you go and you will not get infected.

But if you use Firefox to begin with you won't get the spyware on your computer. Since it doesn't have the security holes that IE has. :)

A lot of times I have to restore my laptop since my Daughter likes to visit that myspace shite and we use Firefox browser.

But if you use Firefox to begin with you won't get the spyware on your computer. Since it doesn't have the security holes that IE has. :)

Not true Chuckie, read above!

There are addons for Firefox that will protect you from a lot of spyware junk.

OK, here is my smart ass answer from last night. Call the Department of Homeland Security. Tell them you believe your PC has been listening to Rush Limbaugh, and has a Ron Paul sticker on it. Just to play it safe, tell them your PC is a hand me down from a soldier who used it in Iraq. I bet DHS will send over a SWAT Team lickity split, and treat your PC like it was a member of the Branch Davidians. Then just turn in an insurance claim to your homeowners....BINGO! New PC....

Thanx for posting this up Lvr,

It has answered some of my questions as well......

lol Terry, I love your smart ass comment, you silly billy you

You did put it up, and had several answers. Obviously it has been deleted. I admit I posted a smart ass answer...I truly do hope your post was not deleted because of my answer...

So it was all your fault???? I'm sitting here thinking no one loved me and wanted to help :(

Oh I forgot to mention that I'm a complete dumbass when it comes to computers.....oh yeah and other stuff too.;) Sooooo I don't know what reformat my computer means or where to even begin. How do I install Firefox? I don't ever click on those pop ups or visit anything that gives anything away for free. So sometimes when I try to download a song someone sends me it alerts me if I want to really download it.

Before you reformat your computer (since thats a pain in the ass cause all of your files will now be all in one file then you need to put things back where you want them, and thats even if you hit restore keeping all your files). I dont know what happened to the thread yesterday, hopefully I didnt delete it by accident, at least your not banned as a spammer so thats good lol.

What anitvirus program do you use? Go here and download, update then run this program. Its free and safe. http://download.cnet.com/Ad-Aware-A...045910.html?part=dl-ad-aware&subj=dl&tag=top5

I would also recommend Windows defender like Wil said. I never used that program but I've heard of it and will probably do that myself. Another one is spybot search and destroy. All of these are free (although they offer a better version that you need to pay for) and they will do a good job of getting rid of spyware. Antispyware programs like these are different than firewalls and antivirus programs where with those two you really don't want more than 1 as with intispyware its ok to have a few because one might pick up something the other doesnt and they usually dont interfere with one another.

Try these before you reformat and get back to us. dont forget to tell us what ur intivirus is.

Lavasaft Adaware, Malwarebytes Antimalware, Spybot Search and Destroy. Those Should work. Did you try it?

freestylelvr you could have gotten the virus from a infected email or some other way. If you don't know how to I suggest paying someone or finding a family or friend that can help you out. To DL Firefox just go to www.mozilla.com and you can DL. But the first thing I would do is format my PC and then DL all the programs again. If you DL it know nothing will change and you will still have all those popups!

Before you reformat your computer (since thats a pain in the ass cause all of your files will now be all in one file then you need to put things back where you want them, and thats even if you hit restore keeping all your files). I dont know what happened to the thread yesterday, hopefully I didnt delete it by accident, at least your not banned as a spammer so thats good lol.

What anitvirus program do you use? Go here and download, update then run this program. Its free and safe. http://download.cnet.com/Ad-Aware-A...045910.html?part=dl-ad-aware&subj=dl&tag=top5

I would also recommend Windows defender like Wil said. I never used that program but I've heard of it and will probably do that myself. Another one is spybot search and destroy. All of these are free (although they offer a better version that you need to pay for) and they will do a good job of getting rid of spyware. Antispyware programs like these are different than firewalls and antivirus programs where with those two you really don't want more than 1 as with intispyware its ok to have a few because one might pick up something the other doesnt and they usually dont interfere with one another.

Try these before you reformat and get back to us. dont forget to tell us what ur intivirus is.

Ok, homer I downloaded that program and it said I have 45 errors, and the trial version only cleans 20 errors. It's cleaning it now. Now what do I do? I have Trend Micro anti virus + spyware, but it's about to expire in 60 days, and I need to get a new one.

Back