• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

REVIEW: Numark NS7 First Impression

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
So I played around a bit with the NS7 today. It's a very solid machine, all metal housing. Buttons all have a nice feel to them. Installing the software/connecting the device to my laptop was a breeze. They do recommend that you follow the order to turn everything on and off, but that's not a big deal. The included laptop stand that comes with it is also very solid. Holds my 17" MacBookPro with out any problems. Got the latest version of Serato Itch and installed it. Once i got everything set up I turned it all on in the recommended order. Everything started up without a problem.

Started to add music to the library of ITCH, took a little bit of time compared to MixMeister, but I was fine with it. Loaded up a song into Deck A and started it up. Played around with some scratching/looping/reversing etc. It is extremely accurate, No delay's what so every. Very much like spinning on 2 turntables. Every move, touch, scratch, stop, start is instantaniously outputted to the speakers.

I have yet to really play with it as i have kid duty since it is mothers day :) so i'm letting my wife nap while i watch the kids.

So my first overall impression is *DAMN this thing is kewl and i'm glad i got it!!!*

More to come once I have more time.

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
update....

So i was playing around some more with this thing and it is just like mixing with 2 turntables. Getting the songs in sync with the pitch faders, slowing the song down with your finger against the platter. its like all my old school mixing days were coming back to me as i was playing around. if this thing can last like a technic 1200 can, then it will be the best thing since sliced bread. all the features of 2 turntables and a mixer, but the ability to mix your digital files instead of vinyl.