• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Scratch LIVE 2.1 Beta

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
The most noticable thing about the Beta is all the USB dropouts I experienced. I normally get one or two dropouts an hour when I mix, but with this Beta I was experiencing a dropout with every song.

Other than that the effects has improved from the previous version. I actually had fun trying out the different effects. I look forward to playing with it a bit more.

Has anyone else tried out the Beta? What were your initial thoughts?

WoW I have not had that problem in a while...:confused: 4 me it seems to have been better?

The newer effects are mucn nicer.. I midi assigned my fav 3 effects to the 3 effects buttons on the Denon 4500 controller...oveasly its 3 that the Pioneer EFX does not have.

Raf what are the specs on the laptop you are using?

Scratch Live 2.1 Release Candidate 1.

Update:

Here is Scratch Live 2.1 (21054) Release Candidate 1. Release Candidate means that no further changes will be made to 2.1 unless any critical issues are found (for example crashes during performance or data corruption).

Raf, I had not had any issues however they did just release this update I hope it helps the issues you were having. :cool:

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I have to make time to download and install it. I was playing around with the effects today and I have to say I like them. But the dropouts are still killing me. :rolleyes:

Ted

Freestyle.FM Referee
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Damn I have to try this. It's been awhile since I fired up SSL.

I have to make time to download and install it. I was playing around with the effects today and I have to say I like them. But the dropouts are still killing me. :rolleyes:

Raf, that is why I was asking for your pc specs.... We both use the sl3 and we also both use the Denon 4500

see they both use usb and draw on the usb to operate... especially when both decks are loaded and u r pitching...

does the dropouts happen during that?
does the usb dropout light up?

If so...there r many things u can do to help that issue.

Each time serato upgrades SL-2 - SL3 software ver ect.....
serato needs more ram (so it seems to me) the min they use to recommend was 512 and now 1 gig and that is just for serato dont forget the 4500 needs about the same as well... also to be on the "min" end is not where I want to be!

I started using Serato about 4+ years ago and my laptop is still the same 1 I'm using now... it used to handle serato without a glitch!!! then came all the upgrades & the Denon 4500 & the SL3 ect..... It only has 2 giggs of ram and it is MAXXXED OUT!!!!
I need a new Laptop, and with our setup I would say a min 4 gigs of ram to operate without a usb dropout!!!

Here is some info off there site, also some things to keep in mind:

*If you have a large library, you will benefit from having more RAM.NOTE: If you are using Scratch Live 2.0's more system intensive features such as DJ FX or AUX Deck plugins and are having issues you may need a higher spec computer for best results or make sure you have optimized your system

I DO GET SOME DROPOUT ISSUES HERE & THERE....

Here is a link to the Serato Guru that I would always get my ins & out from >> http://www.youtube.com/user/SeratoTutor

I NEED A NEW PC!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Scratch Live 2.1

Scratch Live 2.1 (21057) Released

What's new in Scratch Live 2.1?

• Ultra Knob effects for 1 Knob performance control of advanced effects.
  • 32 new Ultra Knob effects and 28 new Super Knob effects including "Echo Out" and "1 Knob HP/LP Filter".
  • Plug and Play support for the Novation Dicer Scratch Live controller.
  • Full integration with the Pioneer CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900 in "Advanced HID Mode" including library navigation, album art, overview display, and responsive platter control.

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Ha Ha, I actually installed it yesterday and gave it an hour and a half run through. The Effects Feature blows away anything I've used before, the possibilities are endless. ENDLESS I SAY!!!!

USB dropouts are far fewer, hardly noticable. I think with some tweaking of my laptop, I'll be able to eliminate them completely. Freaking Dell laptops have way too many useless processes running on them.

Still thinking about the Dicer, it would be great for the effects.