• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

TECH question about Burn'n CD's w/ 200 MP3s

Greasy

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I was at a "freind of mine" house for a Christmas party and he was playing a CD that had LITERALLY 190+ MP3 songs burned on it ??????

He said it would Only play on some newer CD players & some DVD players ???

It had Track info too???!!!!

Now I asked him if it was a DVD or Saved as DATA or a special disc
& he said No ???

I thought you could only get Like 72Min Of play Time out of a Normal CD

If I didnnt see it or hear it myself I wouldn't believe it was possible.....becuase I seen threads were DJ agrue about how many tracks you can put on a CD ???!!!

IT was weird but he had One for Christmas songs and one for country songs ??

SO How did he do this ????

Last edited by a moderator:

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
He probably burned mp3's on a cd which is different from burning a music cd.

If I remember correctly a CD will hold either @ 80 minutes of music or @ 700mb of data.

So for example if you take some music and burn it as a music cd you'll probably only get a handful of songs to fit. If you take the same cd and burn songs as mp3's then you can fit up to 700mb of songs on the CD. The amount of tracks is only limited by the bit rate you are using. You'll fit more tracks on a CD at 64 kbps than at 128 kbps.

Additionally, A music CD should play on all cd players. Where as a CD with mp3's will only play on players specially designed to play these types of cds.
I should say that late model cd players will more likely than not play these types of CDs. I think the ones that do have a MP3 symbol on them. You should only have a problem with older models, but don't hold me to it.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

KidHeartbreak

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I believe it's called an "mp3 CD" and it's been around for at least 5 years now. It's not exactly what it sounds like on the surface as one can burn 80 minutes of mp3s to a regular CD and it'll play like any other CDR. With an "mp3 CD" one can burn far more than just 80 minutes of mp3s as it's basically like burning a data disc HOWEVER for that data disc to work as an "mp3 CD" and play on CD decks that have the "mp3" logo, those files must be in mp3 format. The advantage to burning a "mp3 CD" vs. a CD full of mp3s is that one can fit much more than just 80 minutes of music with the drawback being that it'll only play in CD players with the mp3 logo on them.

The issue of older model vs. newer model CD players is more about some older models won't read CDRs. A CD player that'll play "mp3 CDs" is a whole different thing. It's not only "mp3 CDs" it'll play. One can plug their ipod into the hole those things come with and play mp3s that way.

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I have to admit I don't think I ever heard of MP3 CDs (maybe it was just marketing ploy to overcharge on plain CDRs.

Normally, I would just pick up a spindle of regular CDRs and they can be used as either regular music cds (in the tradition sense) or I could burn mp3's as data and get a shit load more music on a single CDR.

Just think of past Freestyle releases that have come out on CDRs. Those CDRs were burned as Music CDs, with a audio limit of around 70 - 80 minutes.

As opposed to using the same CDR being burned with songs as mp3's (data) and getting more cheese on the CD then the traditional way.

BTW: Nero is perfect for burning those types of cds/cdrs. Nero gives you the option of choosing your tracks and burning them to a CD as Music or data with a indicator alerting you to how many minutes or MB you have available on the disc.

KidHeartbreak

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
or I could burn mp3's as data and get a shit load more music on a single CDR.
That CDR of mp3's burned as data would be an "mp3 CD" and play in mp3 CD players. Usually your computer will give you the option of burning an "mp3 CD" when you go to burn a CD.

DougB

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
How is the sound quality on an MP3 CD vs. music CD? Do you lose any due to the fact that you are putting more data (compresed?) on the CD?