• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Tehcnincs announce the end of a legend...

Though the scratchworks site posts a message from May 2008 it was only a matter of time. Record sales have gone up in 2008 however I'm sure we'll be embracing a new industry standard for turntables pretty soon.

I have read that Technics are still making turntables (The MK6) however that deck is only released in japan and no where else in the world so I believe it will just be a matter of time until technics goes belly up on all DJ gear. its a sad sad world today.

loved ya technics

DJ_COAST

ClubFreestyle.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I've noticed prices went up the past couple of months, on new and used ones. I really wish i had the money to buy 3 right now before its too late. I am seriously considering maxing a credit card out to "invest" in 3.

CDJ's are next with big named dj's like tiesto, sasha, and many others using just laptops now. CD's are just as much of an inconvenience vs MP3 as vinyl was when cdj's first came out.

Before you know it we will be hearing the announcement that there is no longer a need for dj's, everything will be "computerized". :puke:

This was most recently posted off the same link:

Clarification came from Panasonic UK to squash rumours. And It's not what you might think. So here goes - the 1200MK5 and 1210MK5 WILL be discontinued leaving the 1210MK5G as the top of the range and most definitely NOT discontinued. It never was a limited edition, just a flagship special edition model. And the 1200 and 1210 MK2 will continue as normal. So now there's some distance between the MK2 and MK5G models instead having a middle MK5 deck to confuse matters. So it's vanilla Technics or the more expensive piano black extra pitched blue light luxury model left in the range.

I just sold both my 1210MK5's about a month or so ago, with the idea in mind to pick up at least 1 1210MK5G.....So I hope what I'm seeing is correct info, cause around the Holidays I dont need to be thinking about having to drop around $600 each... NOW BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!!

KidHeartbreak

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I still got my Technic 1200's from back in the 90s sitting here collecting dust. Haven't had the need to use them in awhile. Everything is all digital now. F*ck mixing with laptops, I burn all my mp3's to CD and mix with CDs. It still feels like actual DJing that way.

:(

Before you know it we will be hearing the announcement that there is no longer a need for dj's, everything will be "computerized". :puke:[/QUOTE]

aww :( sure hope not

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
This was most recently posted off the same link:

Clarification came from Panasonic UK to squash rumours. And It's not what you might think. So here goes - the 1200MK5 and 1210MK5 WILL be discontinued leaving the 1210MK5G as the top of the range and most definitely NOT discontinued. It never was a limited edition, just a flagship special edition model. And the 1200 and 1210 MK2 will continue as normal. So now there's some distance between the MK2 and MK5G models instead having a middle MK5 deck to confuse matters. So it's vanilla Technics or the more expensive piano black extra pitched blue light luxury model left in the range.

I just sold both my 1210MK5's about a month or so ago, with the idea in mind to pick up at least 1 1210MK5G.....So I hope what I'm seeing is correct info, cause around the Holidays I dont need to be thinking about having to drop around $600 each... NOW BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!!
Thanks for info. I've been eyeballing the SL-1210M5Gs for the past year. I haven't noticed much of a change in price. I've been hoping to see a slight drop in price that I can pounce on. Let's see what the new year brings. :cool:

Thanks for info. I've been eyeballing the SL-1210M5Gs for the past year. I haven't noticed much of a change in price. I've been hoping to see a slight drop in price that I can pounce on. Let's see what the new year brings. :cool:

The price has gone up Raf.... they are listed @ the GC for $750.00 each now!!!

I'm gonna start praying now! and I only want 1 :veryangry

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
lol, that's the same as price I was told @ guitarcenter when I got my denon mixer and cdjs. Which is why I went the cdj route. At the time I was planning to get one this year and the second one next year, but it didn't work out that way.

I guess I could try that next year, we'll see what happens cause I'm planning on getting Serato and perhaps upgrading my current equipment.

breeZe

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I was planning on going with SSL and the 1200's at tax time. I saw the MK2's on a "cheap" website for $721.00 each, screw that. Hopefully the rumors are false. I think it was just a way to get DJ's to buy more Technics. I would get the MK2's... but if thats the price, I dont think I will ever buy the Technics again. Damn, can I rewind to 92' when I got them at Delancy St. for $250.00 each?