DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

The Pursuit of Happyness

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
In 1981, Chris Gardner was a struggling salesman in little needed medical bone density scanners while his wife toiled in double shifts to support the family including their young son, Christopher. In the face of this difficult life, Chris has the desperate inspiration to try for a stockbroker internship where one in twenty has a chance of a lucrative full time career. Even when his wife leaves him because of this choice, Chris clings to this dream with his son even when the odds become more daunting by the day. Together, father and son struggle through homelessness, jail time, tax seizure and the overall punishing despair in a quest that would make Gardner a respected millionaire

As a single father and someone who is currently trying to make a career change, this film touched me on many levels. Luckily you don't have to be either to experience the Will Smith "I'm growing up as an actor" Xpress.

I watched this movie alone and I'm glad I did. It allowed me to experience a wide range of emotions honestly and unabashed. I'm not ashamed to say that I found myself fighting back my tears as Smith's acting tugged away at the most sensitive strings of my heart. More surprisingly was Smith's approach to this film. After years of watching him chase aliens and fight robots, I was fully expecting to him to interrupt the flow of the film and cheapen it with one of trade mark facial expressions. To his credit and the director's he stays focus throughout the film.

Not only is this a great story, it's also true! The person this movie is based on, actually makes an appearance at the end of the film. Move over Morgan Freeman and Denzel Washington you finally have some overdue company.

Excellent film. Will Smith's best work in the Drama category.

Thanks Bobby, I don't think my words do the movie justice. Its a great movie and a perfect movie for those of us who are parents or are planning to be one.

I also was going through a career change as well as the single parenting factor..I imagine im gonna need a box of tissues then next to me on the sofa for this one...I think Will Smith is great and when i saw that he was in this movie i figured it would be a comedy..but a drama? I definately hafta see it now..Thanks for the review Raf..

I don't want to ruin it for you NV, but you will most definitely need a box of tissues during certain parts. I'll just say as a parent one of your greatest fears are realized in this film and the fact that this is based on a true story brings the point home in spades.

Not only is it Will Smith's best performance its an award winning performance.

Back