• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

To the djs out there

Alright to all the djs out there. Is it just me? or what?? Why in the hell do djs that use their turntables act like they are something special??? I have been spinning on 1200 techs since I was a kid and still have mine along with 2 cdjs ( actually table top denons) All are connected to to my dj software.I got virtual dj, traktor scratch pro and used serato but find serato isnt all that compared to what traktor or virtual dj has to offer. Now back to the big heads out there. Get over yourself.Your nothing special cause you spin on a turntable. Most djs do or have. What makes you special is how good you are on the medium you use whether it be a turntable, cdj or just a lap top. YOU ARE ANNOYING!!! sorry had to get that out....

Ted

Freestyle.FM Referee
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Alright to all the djs out there. Is it just me? or what?? Why in the hell do djs that use their turntables act like they are something special??? I have been spinning on 1200 techs since I was a kid and still have mine along with 2 cdjs ( actually table top denons) All are connected to to my dj software.I got virtual dj, traktor scratch pro and used serato but find serato isnt all that compared to what traktor or virtual dj has to offer. Now back to the big heads out there. Get over yourself.Your nothing special cause you spin on a turntable. Most djs do or have. What makes you special is how good you are on the medium you use whether it be a turntable, cdj or just a lap top. YOU ARE ANNOYING!!! sorry had to get that out....
LMFAO!!!!
Man this is the $60,000 question.. The purest will always stated that if it's not vinyl then it's really not DJing, The sad part is they will never realize that it is just as challenging and in some cases more so to use serato or the other programs.
Hell Last weeks show I even switched back from Serato to Vinyl just so a purest could see it can be done..lol

I think the problem arises when you have some people who really couldn't put two beats together on vinyl or cd but get on the programs and create these flawless sets. The purest see this as a slap in the face to have these people call themselves DJ'S when they haven't put the time to learn the craft.

The other problem is just the ego..lol
Hell it's the digital age, time to get with the times. As far as the programs go, the only issue I have, is some of them have a auto sync or beat match button.. That shouldn’t be an option. Lets face it, D[SIZE=+0]J[/SIZE]ing isn’t as respected as it used to be but, I don’t feel that we should continue to allow it to degrade cause of these type of simple things.

I ‘m not the best DJ in the world but when I see shows who’s DJ doesn’t know the basic principles of DJing and runs vocals over vocals and has no clue of timing or when to bring a record in and then being praised as an ass kicking DJ I have to wonder how far has the skill fallen..lol

KidHeartbreak

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Part of the reason why I prefer to stick to cdj when mixing live is that Serato or other labtop mixing programs seem too complicated. In all honesty, I never really tried too hard to learn them as when I looked closer into it, it just seemed like a fancier or more complicated way of doing the same thing. What is the labtop adding to things as long as one has a BPM display? You still have to cue it up & throw it in (and that's the moment of truth anyways, lol). And if you're even a bit too early or late, it can actually be harder to fix it if you're using a labtop. I like to keep things simple. The only real advantage I see to labtop is having far more music with you when doing sets. I do use a computer but only for making CDs.

The "vinyl only" niggaz need to get wit' the times. Yes, those were the days but it was all over a while ago. And I still got my Technic 1200s set up right along side my cdjs. CDs give the best quality sound, better than either vinyl or mp3. And CDs allow for the dj to still have that physical feel to it but with the updated technology.

LMFAO!!!!
Man this is the $60,000 question.. The purest will always stated that if it's not vinyl then it's really not DJing, The sad part is they will never realize that it is just as challenging and in some cases more so to use serato or the other programs.
Hell Last weeks show I even switched back from Serato to Vinyl just so a purest could see it can be done..lol

I think the problem arises when you have some people who really couldn't put two beats together on vinyl or cd but get on the programs and create these flawless sets. The purest see this as a slap in the face to have these people call themselves DJ'S when they haven't put the time to learn the craft.

The other problem is just the ego..lol
Hell it's the digital age, time to get with the times. As far as the programs go, the only issue I have, is some of them have a auto sync or beat match button.. That shouldn’t be an option. Lets face it, D[SIZE=+0]J[/SIZE]ing isn’t as respected as it used to be but, I don’t feel that we should continue to allow it to degrade cause of these type of simple things.

I ‘m not the best DJ in the world but when I see shows who’s DJ doesn’t know the basic principles of DJing and runs vocals over vocals and has no clue of timing or when to bring a record in and then being praised as an ass kicking DJ I have to wonder how far has the skill fallen..lol

Very well put DJ Destruct!!!!!!!!!

Ted, I think if they are being praised as an ass kicking DJ.... well then it's the people tuning in to that DJ who dont have a clue what is what and it's them who's balls have fallen, cause back in the day it's the people who would ripp the DJ a new ass hole if they pulled this shit that youre talking about.

I know first hand that people dont care anymore what you DJ your gigg with Vinyl, CDJ's, PC, whatever.... all they care about it the music you are playing, just under 5 years years ago i was still lugging turntables and vinyl to giggs... and now it's serato. In what ive seen people dont care what you use.... it seems its only these so called "purest ones" that cant move on!!!!!

As far as these auto sync buttons... in my opinion, I could never use one of those.... cause if you do how can you be a part of the music? how can you feel it? BORING get up off your ass and get into the music cause you are missing out!

DJFrankieD

Freestyle Nation
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
MaximumFreestyle.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Hey Guys,
Two things I think of when this discussion arises are as follows :
1. You're only as good as your last mix.
2. Unemployment is so high because everybody's a DJ !!

Today, people don't care where you've been, where you worked or what equipment you are using. All they care about is the music and if it is kick ass.
Even back in the day, the DJ was rated on how well he could keep a floor packed and read the crowd. At least in my experience in my days as a club DJ.
If you couldn't keep a crowd, you didn't belong in the booth.

Yes, the mix is important as well. Being able to transition from one track to another bringing it in at the right time (during the break) and on beat is a definite requirement. However, I've seen many a DJ who's mixing skills we're top notch, but they couldn't read a crowd or room for shit.

I personally fed offthe energy of the room I was playing in and if what I was playing didn't work, I tried something till the energy was busting through the walls.

The internet has brought about a whole different breed of DJ with the new technology making people who would never be able to mix sound like seasoned veterans. Programs such as Logic, Appleton, and a host of other have given anyone the abililty to create "off the hook" mixes by simply copying and pasting tracks.

This is a skill in itself, but not one that couldn't be learned with a few hours in front of a computer.
An ear for the music and ability to fee it is not something acquired, you are born with it in your blood.

I still enjoy using my 1200's and timecode vinyl because of the hands on feel it gives me. It is just my preference and does not make me a better DJ than anyone else. I checked my ego at the door a long time ago.

Hell, I'm happy just to be part of as mixshow with the likes of all you other Freestyle Freaks.....

Freestyle live here on Freestyle.FM

Peace !

DJ_Dee_X-Man

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I used to love DJing on 1200s, but flat out, there's nothing like keeping it all compact. Every month new technology and DJ equipment has evolved to emulate turntable scratching while using CDJs. And like the Kid says, the quality of the CD for now is top notch over vinyl. Of course, it won't be long before they introduce Blue Ray CDs pumping up the bit count, but until then, It's CDJs for me too.

I've seen what Serato and other programs can do, i.e., auto synching, visual mapping, etc. But even with all those cheats, you still have to learn how to manipulate the system. I think the only program that is a cheat in my book is the miXmeister program. When I saw first hand how that program automatically miXed the track for you, I said to myself, "Wow! That's some bullsh8t right there!" Anyway, even with miXmeister, you still have to have an ear to coordinate it where it all makes some sense. The miX that is.

Now, before a DJ riot breaks out, I got one thing to say, "Can't we all just get along!?"

DJ DeeX-M:xsmile:n