• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Turntables other than 12's?

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
So the times have changed and things are mostly digital from what i can see. Have there been any competitors to the Technique 1200's? Does anything out there come close to them? I think i''m going to buy some turntables but i don't think i can dish out the money for 12's. So i'm looking to get something cheaper that will get the job done. Mind you, these turntables will be used with Time Coded vinyl for Serato so they won't be used to play real records :)

I've been out of the DJ scene since the early 90s so i'm at a lost when it comes to the current times.

DJFREDDY

FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
So the times have changed and things are mostly digital from what i can see. Have there been any competitors to the Technique 1200's? Does anything out there come close to them? I think i''m going to buy some turntables but i don't think i can dish out the money for 12's. So i'm looking to get something cheaper that will get the job done. Mind you, these turntables will be used with Time Coded vinyl for Serato so they won't be used to play real records :)

I've been out of the DJ scene since the early 90s so i'm at a lost when it comes to the current times.

Oh boy you don't know what you started! LOL........

I hear these are pretty good!

http://www.zzounds.com/item--NUMTTXUSB

MiamiDJ

FreestyleRemix.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I've heard good things about the Numark TT500. I'm old school when it comes to turntables so it's 1200's for me. :)

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Oh boy you don't know what you started!

:rotf: :rotf:

Oh boy is right.

I think Ted has a pair of Numarks TTs, hopefully he's see this and post up about his experience with them.

Ted

Freestyle.FM Referee
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I have the last generation of Numark TTX's, I can honestly say I haven't had a days problem.

freestylegreek

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
Ted must use them alot cause whenever he does his show he's always scratching with them.

DJFREDDY

FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
:rotf: :rotf:

Oh boy is right.

I think Ted has a pair of Numarks TTs, hopefully he's see this and post up about his experience with them.

I like TT's

I don't know anyone who has Double T's but I do know many ladys that have Double D's!

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Sweet man thanks! I think that's what i'm going to go with. Since i'm not going to be spinning real vinyl on them and only the time coded vinyl for Serato, they should do me just fine.

I have the last generation of Numark TTX's, I can honestly say I haven't had a days problem.

breeZe

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Stanton t.120 seem pretty cool too. I almost bught a pair from ebay for $529. How much were ya looking to spend chuckie?

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
As little as possible with getting something of decent quality. Something that won't break after a month of use.

Stanton t.120 seem pretty cool too. I almost bught a pair from ebay for $529. How much were ya looking to spend chuckie?

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Hey TED!!!

What is the model number for your TT's? Are they the usb ones?

TearEmUp

Mixologist!
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
White Devil uses some Numark Direct Drive TTs and loves them. They do not have the cool LCD display, as far as I know. He is always singing their praises.....

Ted

Freestyle.FM Referee
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
What is the model number for your TT's? Are they the usb ones?

These are the Numark TTX no usb available with this model

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
These are the Numark TTX no usb available with this model

The only TTX's available now are USB. The other TTX1 are no longer available, at least not on numarks website.

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
How about these Chuckie. I wanna be a DJ Hero, I can't wait.
7908232.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DJFREDDY

FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Since i'm not going to be spinning real vinyl on them and only the time coded vinyl for Serato,

You know I never understood why people say this? Can someone help me out here?

I have the control vinyls and it looks like a vinyl, it feels like a vinyl, and it is a vinyl! Don't let the haters tell you other wise. That is what is was meant for. Compare the control vinyl to other vinyls you have and you will see it is the same but used differently. You place the control on the platter the same way, the record rotates the same way, you put the needle on the record the same, and you work the pitch the same. The only difference is that you will have more accessible features with DVS available then without. Sure you will see the breaks on the record well I don't only see it on a DVS system by looking at the screen I can also place tags on the breaks if I want to. You can also loop on the fly which you will never do on Vinyl and believe me it does come in handy. So many more reasons that I don't want to go into right now.:D

DJWhitedevil

I currently have and use on a regular basis 4 Numark TTxs and if you've listened to my shows you know I put them through some serious abuse and so far they are VERY good and durable.

there were 3 generations of Numark TTxs

TTX1 had some overheating issues when used for long periods of time due to a low platter although was fixed in the 2nd version released which was the TTX. Another point is this first version of the TTX was that the motor only produced 3.7kg/cm torque.

Now the 2nd version comes out with an extra feature, more powerful motor (5.0kg/cm torque) with interchangeable torque and they have fixed the overheating issue from the first generation. Both of these above generations have a digital output for 24bit broadcast/recording if your system allowed it. (these are the turntables I currently have)

the 3rd Generation and the one available on the market today is the same as the 2nd generation although they removed the digital output and put in the USB adapter so you can easily rip your vinyls to digital format. Now for those wondering if you can connect your TTs as USB directly to the PC in order to control the vinyl I am afraid that this feature is not possible since all the software out on the market today only read 1 soundcard for 2 turntables and each turntable will read out as 1 soundcard.

In order to connect your turntables (no matter what brand or model) to use Timecoded vinyl you will require to have a soundcard with 2 stereo ins and outs to connect your turntables to and the outs will of course go to your mixer. Many new soundcards have a pre amp so that your mixer no longer need to pre-amplify your sound nor would your computer software do that as its all done through the hardware to save you some hassle.

For me I put a splitter from my turntables to the soundcard and the other split goes directly to the extra set of connectors my mixer has so if my laptop ever crashes during a gig I can flip the switch on the mixer to play real vinyl instead so that I limit the dead air when playing live.