• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

I wanted to like this movie. It was written by Judd Apatow (40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up). It's a parody of Ray and Walk the Line. It spoofs 50 years of rock history, with Jack White as Elvis & Jack Black as Paul McCartney (believe it or not, White is better). Anyway I really wanted to like it. It just wasn't that good.

John C. Reilly, so good as the herb in Chicago, is less engaging as a leading man. He can't seem to decide on a personality (or is that part of the joke?). Likewise, the songs are not good enough to be good & not bad enough to be funny. The Dylan parody is on target, & there is one funny bit where Dewey's guitarist is trying to steer him away from reefer, but they can't think of any downside LMAO

But overall, Walk Hard is like a long -reeeally long- Saturday Night Live skit.

** (2 stars out of 4)

Last edited by a moderator:

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
My Cousin Told Me He Loved This Movie. Said It Was Real Funny But You Have To See Those Other Movies To Get All The Jokes But I Didnt See Them So I Wont Be Seeing This Movie Myself. Thanks For The Review Rb.

Quixotic

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
Your review makes me wonder if I should risk spending my hard earned pennies to see this or just wait for it to come out on video.

Decisions, decisions.